Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to go on hotel stay without DH??

(11 Posts)
2ndtimemama Sat 11-Feb-17 22:25:12

Ok, so i would appreciate some perspective on my current situation please. Me and DH had a row last Sat and the again on Sun. Not over anything major..but it escalated and we both said some horrible things to one another. House has been pretty much all pic no sound all week! I Tried on Tues to talk with him. .to try to resolve things..was told he wasn't engaging. I tried again on Wed..to be stonewalled. He has made it pretty obvs that he doesn't want to talk or sort things out yet. DH was due to go on a stag on Friday and I didn't want this ill feeling lurky around while he was gone. None the less..i am not going to beg him to speak to me and off he went on Friday. Still silence between us. He rang on Fri night to speak to LO before bed for few mins...then nothing all day today. He rang at 8pm but LO was already in bed. He goes to bed @ 7.30 pm latest since always. Phonecall was a general how is LO..being a good boy etc..and nothing else. 2 min phonecall and off he went. Fine. He's still annoyed with me. Not the time to talk anyways..he's on a stag in a diff country!!

My problem is this. Approx 3 weeks ago we booked a hotel stay for tomo night. Its my Daughters Bday on Fri. She will be 17.( FYI- Not his Daughter)We loosely mentioned that i would lift him from his returning flight at airport and we would all head off. The 4 of us. Nothing confirmed..I don't even know his flight number or return time. It was early afternoon is all I know.

But I will be honest..I feel like packing the car up tomo morning and heading off without him. Firstly he hasn't attempted to make arrangements and secondly if he's still in such foul form it will only ruin our night away. This was meant to be a treat, not a chore!!

What would you do??

RoonilWaslib Sat 11-Feb-17 22:38:21

I'd LTB if he refused to speak to me for 3 weeks like a complete child tbh.

I would go without him as no plans have been made!

glenthebattleostrich Sat 11-Feb-17 22:41:05

How can you pick him up if you don't know his flight details?

If he wants to be a huffy child he gets to deal with the consequences. (And I say that as a huffy cow).

DeterminedToChange Sat 11-Feb-17 22:43:19

I agree with the other posters - he has had this coming to him. And I would definitely be reconsidering my marriage if my husband was such a stupid selfish sulker. I certainly wouldn't be picking him up from anywhere. Dropping him off in the middle of nowhere, maybe.

MilesHuntsWig Sat 11-Feb-17 22:45:21

I guess it depends what you want out of this.

He is behaving like a complete child, but it's unlikely to improve the situation if you just head off without him.

I'd at least leave him a message saying something along the lines of "ok, I've tried to talk to you but that hasn't worked. Unless I hear from you and we can make progress then we're heading out to the hotel break without you. Not sure what else to do, thought you should know." Then at least you can't be accused of going back on existing plans/ doing anything underhand...

omnishamblesssssssssssssss Sat 11-Feb-17 22:46:03

So he's not talked to you for a whole week. I wouldn't pick him up. I would head off without him

TheySayIamparanoid Sat 11-Feb-17 22:46:14

He will sulk either way by the sound of it, don't give him the chance to spoil a birthday treat.
So just go without him and give him the same level of consideration you've had for the last couple of nights!

ChuckSnowballs Sat 11-Feb-17 22:46:17

Absolutely go. seems like he was only calling to wind you up that he isn't talking to you, just to stick the knife in a bit.

omnishamblesssssssssssssss Sat 11-Feb-17 22:52:46

Yes text 'I've tried to talk but it's not working. I'm taking the kids to the hotel and will let you make your own way'

2ndtimemama Sat 11-Feb-17 22:55:05

Thanks guys..you have told me what i already knew..but last thing i wanted to do is make it worse. I can be huffy and stubborn myself..but a week is taking the Mick!

I think I will just go without him. Not to teach a lesson so to speak..but just so I can relax and enjoy myself..enjoy my time away with this kids without any more drama!!

Phew...and they say us women r hard workconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now