Talk

Advanced search

To tell you i just had 9 hours of adult conversation!!

(8 Posts)
MommaGee Sat 11-Feb-17 20:45:00

Just that really. I adore my 20 mo PFB DS and I'm a SAHM due to his health. If I get grown up convo its usually with medical staff. DH and I talk about the baby and work and hospital.

Today he had the baby for 11 hours whilst I met a friend in town for coffee and dinner and grown up conversation!!!!! He travelled a few hours to see me and I dont see him tons so today was a real treat.

Feel like my brain just did a big stretch!!

BackforGood Sat 11-Feb-17 23:25:41

How lovely.
Why don't you make this a monthly treat ? smile

BackforGood Sat 11-Feb-17 23:26:33

Or sign up to a hobby or interest once a week, where you get to go and just be with other adults - choir, sport, book group, volunteering, anything you like.

MommaGee Sun 12-Feb-17 00:22:34

Cos my mate is great but I think mo thly visits from Liverpool by him might make the husband curious haha. Agrees to dp it in the summer.
I've looked for groups back but very little by me that's evenings, all work hours when I have said toddler. I'm trying tp work out the logistics of going back tp volunteering, but its weekends away from home so not sure.
I meet friends regularly but we all have kids so we talk about kids and partners not art and politics

SansComic Sun 12-Feb-17 03:28:08

So, did you come here to balance it out again smile

I meet friends regularly but we all have kids so we talk about kids and partners not art and politics

Try steering the conversation to something more interesting, or forming your own 'group' like a book club, running... whatever floats your boat but with a purpose so you can forget about the children for a little while. Enjoy!

MommaGee Sun 12-Feb-17 12:28:39

Yup haha I came back cos there's nothing as fulfilling as a never ending debate on wohm vs sahm (!!)

I'd love to join a book club but they're all in the day by me

BackforGood Sun 12-Feb-17 12:36:24

I didn't mean meeting this same friend every month, I meant having a day to be 'you' and not 'dc's Mum' grin

So - start your own book group if that's what you want.
It doesn't necessarily need to be the same volunteering you were doing before. Unless you live somewhere incredibly remote - which it doesn't sound like it from the fact you meet with other Mums in the day - there's all sorts of things you can do. Even if it is actually one lunch / evening a month with the Mums but without the dc and you have to have a two hour ban on talking about your dc.

MommaGee Sun 12-Feb-17 13:01:22

Tbh to DH the night before I took niece to the ballet (we talks boys and ballet), seeing a local play next Thursday (we'll talk men and babies), ballet the week after (we'll talk boys and babies)!

I just forgot how much I missed him but in a non inappropriate way adult chat. DH and I talk baby and hospital. Babies and boys with my girl friends and sister.
I making a not decision aboit volunteering after the next hospital visit with DS so if I do give it up I should def look at a weekend job or weekend volunteering maybe every other week or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now