Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think my DH could have done me dinner not just him and the kids?

(33 Posts)
Dizzywhore Sat 11-Feb-17 19:04:04

Iv been working all day 9-4. We both work full time yet I make dinner for the whole family every night! I don't normally work weekends so he was only with the kids but one of them was out for a large chunk of the day. He made them all dinner sat and ate in once I was home and said oh I should have made you something to shouldn't I? Yes!!!

A1Sharon Sat 11-Feb-17 19:04:45

Fucker!
I would be angry

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 11-Feb-17 19:05:58

There's been another thread with almost exactly same scenario though other OP was just upstairs while her DH and kids ate a whole roast dinner!

I can't imagine not cooking for someone in my family. It's a horrible thought - I wouldn't do it to anyone.

Order a takeaway for one, seeing as DH has already eaten!

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 11-Feb-17 19:06:38

Well, you know what to stop doing, don't you? wink

cushioncovers Sat 11-Feb-17 19:07:50

Yes he should of. Only thing I can think of if it was something like chicken nuggets and chips for the kids I wouldn't of wanted to eat that sort of 'kids food' so would prefer to make myself something different later on.

cushioncovers Sat 11-Feb-17 19:08:34

Oh yes I like that idea of ordering a takeaway just for yourself.

dataandspot Sat 11-Feb-17 19:08:59

So ate it in front of you and didn't even share the meal they had?!

Dizzywhore Sat 11-Feb-17 19:09:20

Yes just seen that post potatosalad! Lots of selfish husbands about tonight! sad

tricornel Sat 11-Feb-17 19:10:12

Oh my god! I can't believe this! I'm raging on your behalf angry yy to ordering the yummiest takeaway possible, with extras. If he tries to have a bit, stab him with a form/chopstick

MrsHathaway Sat 11-Feb-17 19:10:34

Oh boy.

I only ever do this if the children are having something DH really doesn't like, in which case I set up/prep/make in advance something he does like. Last week that meant we had macaroni cheese and he had a batch cooked thing from the freezer (meatballs).

But just not making enough for everybody ... not cool.

tricornel Sat 11-Feb-17 19:10:37

*fork

Evergreen777 Sat 11-Feb-17 19:10:52

That really is thoughtless. I'd definitely be ordering a takeaway just for one!

user892 Sat 11-Feb-17 19:11:05

Another selfish fucker! Arrrhghhh angry

(my 6 year old has just sweetly offered me and the cat pudding, as she was outraged at the behaviour of these stupid 'men')

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 11-Feb-17 19:11:29

It's got me wondering whether this is a common thing? I thought families were supposed to look after each other and not be selfish...

Takeaway! Takeaway! Takeaway! Don't go and cook

MrsHathaway Sat 11-Feb-17 19:12:44

Chuckling at the idea that you should have grabbed his and asked what he was having wink

frogmellla Sat 11-Feb-17 19:13:33

Wow that's horrible i would be raging and yes straight on deliveroo

GlamourBear Sat 11-Feb-17 19:13:55

Order yourself a nice takeaway, get yourself a drink and think about all the dinners you and the kids will enjoy eating next week while DH has to make his own wink

expatinscotland Sat 11-Feb-17 19:15:53

I wouldn't bother cooking for him anymore.

5moreminutes Sat 11-Feb-17 19:16:22

Er what? How does that happen? Did he forget you existed or were coming home?

More so with a roast dinner as it's not individual portions and it's easy to serve an extra plate...

DH apologises if there is nothing left over from lunch for me when I get in after work about 14:45 at the weekends, and today 5 yo randomly spontaneously apologised for forgetting not to scrape his lunch left overs into the bin in case I wanted them when I got home blush confused if I was home while they were eating the kids would be upset if there was no food for me and would try to share theirs... How does a grown adult who is your partner not offer you half of his if he's had a brain fart and somehow forgotten you also eat food/ would be home in time to eat?

Flisstizzy Sat 11-Feb-17 19:19:53

Honestly what goes through these people's minds?!?
YY to takeaway for 1 and stop making his meals immediately grin

MouseholeCat Sat 11-Feb-17 19:29:30

I'd have walked out, purchased his favourite food, and then devoured it in front of him, throwing any leftovers directly in the bin.

What the hell though, he's an absolute cunt- sit down with him tomorrow, tell him that is unacceptable behaviour and outline your expectations for the future.

Dizzywhore Sat 11-Feb-17 19:30:04

I ended up making a super rice packet! He sat with me while I ate it and looked a bit sheepish 🙄

CookieLady Sat 11-Feb-17 19:33:04

sad He didn't even offer to make you any dinner?

Lostpangolin Sat 11-Feb-17 19:33:30

I'm the cook nowadays here, have never, will never be this selfish. Not preening, more embarrassed that blokes let the side down so badly

CookieLady Sat 11-Feb-17 19:33:43

I'm with Mouse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now