Talk

Advanced search

Wibu to ask the owner to pick up poop or pay for a fence?

(6 Posts)
SharkiraSharkira Sat 11-Feb-17 10:29:41

I rent a property on a farm site.

The owner also lives on site and has a couple of big dogs who have free range and roam wherever they like, including our garden.

I have no issue with this at all except for the fact that the dogs also poo wherever they want and no one ever picks it up!

I really want to do the garden up this year and am going to put a lot of effort into making it nice but it feels a bit pointless if the whole thing is going to end up covered in dog poo.

I was thinking of just installing a fence around the garden so the dogs can't get in but it's quite a big garden and a fence surrounding the whole thing will be super expensive. I could of course just pick up the dog poo but it feels unfair that I should have to when they aren't my dogs!

Wibu to ask the owner to make sure my section of the garden is dog poo free by picking up after the dogs or alternatively pay for a fence to keep them out?

Chloe84 Sat 11-Feb-17 10:31:51

YANBU. Have you spoken to the owner about this at all?

I'd mention it first before asking for a fence.

sonyaya Sat 11-Feb-17 10:31:53

Hell no. You should not to choose between having your garden covered with other people dogs' shit or picking it up yourself.

Allthewaves Sat 11-Feb-17 10:32:22

I'd ask owner f he would mind putting fence around garden. Posts with mesh wouldn't be too costly

raffleswinch Sat 11-Feb-17 11:11:19

Go and pee all over his dogs' kennels

RyanStartedTheFire Sat 11-Feb-17 11:17:24

Mesh fence should be cheap enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now