Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to poke this girl in the fucking head?!

(46 Posts)
BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 01:56:40

I'm in hospital attached to an iv where I haven't been able to bend my arm for 14 hours. I finally FINALLY get to sleep 20 mins ago and now I'm awoken by the woman in the next bed snoring like a GODDAMN RAF FIGHTER JET.
Oh and that's OVER my usually soundproof ear plugs.
I want to poke her in the temple -_-

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 01:59:04

With the boniest bit of my boniest frikkin finger angry

ElderDruid Sat 11-Feb-17 02:01:17

I wouldn't advocate it, if you are due to stay over the weekend or longer, ask for a friend or relative to get you headphones/ear plugs.

Sorry you're unwell, hope you get on the mend soon. I can't ever say I encountered that many snorers, or the one that irritated everyone was on the opposite corner so didn't really affect me.

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 02:04:08

I'm already wearing earplugs.. really good ones. Don't worry I won't really poke her... my iv machine will wake her up in an hour. HA.
I'm not really mean. It's been a long day.

ElderDruid Sat 11-Feb-17 02:26:58

If you're struggling to sleep, sometimes if you smile sweetly at a nurse, they'll get the Dr to write up a sleeping tablet for you.

The worst patient I've ever endured was a woman in her 50's and she had a mouth on her like the Mersey tunnel. Not only that but most of the other patients were in their 80's, she would chat such shit, one old dear begged to go home. I was literally cringing she was that bad. The woman next to me had put up with her a bit longer than me. She couldn't tell a straight story. Ooh thinking about it, the woman opposite her asked to move bays, I'm guessing she was losing the will to live.

Should you be in long?

CadleCrap Sat 11-Feb-17 02:42:37

I feel your pain. I was in hospital for 5 days recently and the woman in the next bed had emphysema and kept nipping out for a cigarette ( go figure).

As soon as she got into bed, she fell asleep instantly. Every fucking time. The noise was unbelievable. I think the woman was either smoking or sleeping.

After 2 days she got kicked out as they caught her smoking in the toilets with her oxygen tank.

IVs suck.

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 02:58:52

Woman opposite is shifting crazily about and sighing trying to wake her up but she was woken up 2 mins ago by the nurse and immediately snores even fucking worse straight away! God I want to kick her.

elderdruid I wish I'd asked for a sleeping tablet ages ago, it's 3 am now and I don't want to be even more groggy at 7 when they get us up.
I'm so glad I didn't have your bed pal though .. I might have discharged myself!

cadlecrap that's just... who the fuck does that?! Lol! So glad she got kicked out the dizzy bint.

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 03:05:08

Iv machine hasn't woken her up

throws it at her

ElderDruid Sat 11-Feb-17 03:16:44

Can you all advocate she has her own private room? confused

Do you know how long you're expected to be in?

ElderDruid Sat 11-Feb-17 03:28:48

I would say to the nurse, I'm worried about 'patient' as she snores really loud, isn't this a sign of an underlying issue. Last night another patient and I couldn't sleep. If you're lucky you'll get a side room.

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 03:30:15

Just 4 more hours. I'm reading now so that's something but I have a poorly 2 year old at home so dh is going to be exhausted tomorrow so no idea how much rest i'll get.
I'm home tomorrow thank god.

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 03:31:02

Haha I'm using that next time elderdruid

Want2bSupermum Sat 11-Feb-17 03:31:54

I would knock her out so she goes to a different part of the hospital! Ideally well away from you.

MamaErmintrude Sat 11-Feb-17 03:44:47

Blah blah this doesn't help in this situation (which I can fully sympathise with so flowers for you!) but I'm also on the HS thread - and I'm thrilled you've been on drip for 14 hours as by my maths that means you weren't held up too long before you got seen? In which case hurray! But envy <-- not envy for lady...

Want2bSupermum Sat 11-Feb-17 03:47:55

Oh you have HS - missed that bit. Bloody throw up on her! If she falls asleep again throw up on her again. Eventually she will get the message.

ElderDruid Sat 11-Feb-17 03:53:27

What's HS, too many anagrams smile

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 04:05:03

Hs is Hyperemesis,
well I had the canula thing in by 12 but fluids by 3, because I'm ----awkward---- done in vein wise I have to keep my arm straight since 12.
Thank you all for talking to me at such an ungodly hour, you stopped me losing my mind... though reading back it looks like I did lose it for a while lol!
Here have cake cake

WiMoChi Sat 11-Feb-17 04:14:14

Poke her! YANBU. No one likes a snorer (I'm lying between two of them 🙄)

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 04:15:57

Double elbow pork!

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 04:15:59

Double elbow pork!

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 04:16:43

Poke.. not pork. Pork is weird to poke with.

ElderDruid Sat 11-Feb-17 04:19:03

Sorry you have HE, it's truly horrid. I was lighter than pre-pregnancy both times. Have they found any decent anti sickness that works or are you not keen.

Really is the last thing you need when so poorly.

tiredvommachine Sat 11-Feb-17 04:22:28

I feel your pain.
I was in hospital at 32 weeks gone and the woman opposite snored like a fucking TRAIN.

I did an AIBU to go and punch her grin

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 04:26:29

So sorry you suffered with this too elderdruid..and you obv mama
Cyclizine I'm allergic to, and the ondesetron just stopped working 3 days ago. Being a 30 times a day vomiter it didn't take long to end up here..as you will know. They're trying me on 2 drugs at the moment which seem to be working. I just hope they don't give out like the other one.
Update.. snorer is now making sex noises in between snores. hmm

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 04:27:37

Haha glad I aint the only with that idea then tiredvomachine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now