Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you let your child take part in grime?

(18 Posts)
EmmyCat Fri 10-Feb-17 17:39:34

My younger sister recently introduced me to 'Blackpool grime' and BGM media. They frequently feature an ongoing feud between Sophie Aspin, Millie B and various others whose names I can't remember. I sat there wondering what their parents thought! What would you do and what do you think?

Soubriquet Fri 10-Feb-17 17:40:56

confused

minesapintofwine Fri 10-Feb-17 17:51:05

Bit thick. Is this grime like music grime? Wiley etc? How old are the children. If there's no swearing/inappropriate lyrics etc I wouldn't have a problem. It may not be to everyones taste but it's still a talent etc. If that's the grime you mean! Tbh it is quite difficult to comment without seeing the exact thing you are referring to.

minesapintofwine Fri 10-Feb-17 17:55:03

Ok just looked it up. I think it's fine (as long as lyrics are appropriate) it's just a music genre and the kids are quite talented. I think parents should be proud, whether they like listening to it or not.

EmmyCat Fri 10-Feb-17 17:59:52

They do swear quite a bit @minesapintofwine. Lots of you're a mong.

minesapintofwine Fri 10-Feb-17 18:02:25

Ok well that's not on. However they probably do talk like that without the music. If they cleaned up the words I would be on board, with my own dc also. Don't like kids swearing, it's not going to stop them though <shrugs>

owlmug Fri 10-Feb-17 18:06:09

Those kids from Blackpool are gonna seriously cringe at themselves when they listen back in 5 years time

EmmyCat Fri 10-Feb-17 18:08:48

Yes I suppose so @minesapintofwine and yes @owlmug that's just what I thought! grin

owlmug Fri 10-Feb-17 18:12:43

grin

There are some really talented grime artists though, I listen to grime and wouldnt have a problem if my kids wanted to when they're older (but I'd school them first!)

F1ipFlopFrus Fri 10-Feb-17 18:21:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ohb0llocks Fri 10-Feb-17 19:31:31

I've seen the videos, and to be honest they're laughed at more than appreciated.

I wouldn't let my child take part.

papayasareyum Fri 10-Feb-17 19:35:29

they're quite nasty, Sophie Aspin and Millie B make really nasty comments about each other "you're such a slag" and "your fanny smells like fish" etc

Lespritdelsietanner Fri 10-Feb-17 19:47:06

My son showed me this the other day on You Tube. I had to break out the Tena Lady stash I laughed so hard. It's the accent, it's sort of George Formby for the 21st Century.

Disclaimer: I live about 50 miles from Blackpool and have a northern accent myself and I LOVE a northern accent but this, well it still cracks me up.

AnnieAnoniMouse Fri 10-Feb-17 20:00:10

No way.

Motherofhowmany Sat 11-Feb-17 00:02:33

The twelve year old on there little t threatened to rape someone's little sister on one track...

So no I would not let them be part of a YouTube channel like bgmedia

DontTouchTheMoustache Sat 11-Feb-17 00:07:51

I thought this thread was about cleaning. I'm getting old.

AGinForEachMakesThree Sat 11-Feb-17 00:11:27

What you are referring to does not sound like grime...

wettunwindee Sat 11-Feb-17 03:31:37

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvH9rVVORM

Would I hell!

It hilariously bad for an adult audience but no way would I let my children be involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now