Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to just want to have a shower?

(57 Posts)
mymilisbatshit Fri 10-Feb-17 17:09:41

I just want a shower! wanted one last night but boiler packed up. engineer came out at midnight left at 1 problem was solved. OH went off to work leaving me and DD at home and since then this kid just wont let up or leave me alone! I have even given her extra TV time and I am having to endure that bastard iggle bloody piggle and upsy daisy practically trying to shag each other every 2 mins and dont get me started on makka pakka selling his rocks from his cave!

Yes my 8 month old is defiantly showing mummy who is boss today! my OH isn't due back until 9 and I am just counting down the mins until DDs bedtime.

I just want a shower and to wash my hair is that so wrong?? sad

bec3105 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:10:58

Have a shower with her if you're that desperate!

NotStoppedAllDay Fri 10-Feb-17 17:12:16

Didn't she nap at all?

Trifleorbust Fri 10-Feb-17 17:13:48

I'm feeling your pain, OP. Mine won't go down for longer than a couple of minutes today sad

mymilisbatshit Fri 10-Feb-17 17:14:21

Bec, we have tried that before its more frustrating. shes in a really funny mood as soon as I leave the room she cries shes not usually like this she is usually very happy to play and I can get on with bits around the house we usually go out and about as well. Roll on 7pm thats all I can say!! lol

Blazedandconfused Fri 10-Feb-17 17:14:49

I feel your pain. I often don't shower when I'm alone with the kids. The baby screams if he's in the bathroom and the shower is on. Can't always convince the 3 yr old to play nicely with him downstairs. So I just don't bother.

mymilisbatshit Fri 10-Feb-17 17:18:33

Hi notstopped, nope no naps for her I even tried cuddling her on the sofa for what felt like 3 hours all she did was occasionally bury her head into me and suck her dummy furiously then she would open her eyes again. Poor thing i think its her teeth she hasn't had any cut through yet so I think this could be it. Still though mummy just wants her shower I am still wearing what I wore to bed last night and now its got so late in the day I dont see the sense in changing now the min shes safe in her bed going into that bathroom and im locking the door! What I wouldn't do just to put on a fresh pair of knickers!

formerbabe Fri 10-Feb-17 17:19:49

Jeez...Just have a shower! I don't get it when mums say they can't grab time for a shower...confused.

Akire Fri 10-Feb-17 17:22:22

Can't you just put the baby in pushchair and jump in shower for 2min?

Trifleorbust Fri 10-Feb-17 17:22:45

formerbabe: If your baby cries hysterically when you leave the room, is a shower important enough to you that you would just let her? I like a wash, don't get me wrong, but I don't want her choking on her own sick because I couldn't wait a couple of hours for one. confused

formerbabe Fri 10-Feb-17 17:26:38

Trifleorbust

What on earth do you think single mothers do? Or women with more than one child? Never wash, brush their teeth, prepare a meal, tend to an older child etc?

Babymamamama Fri 10-Feb-17 17:27:58

I used to just strap DD into the pushchair and wheel into bathroom. I'd time my shower with a nap and she would usually nod off by the time I got out. Otherwise this is very unmumsnetty but I found the playpen a godsend for times when I needed to cook, shower or whatever.

NoCapes Fri 10-Feb-17 17:28:55

formerbabe we do it when the children are in bed - as the OP has says she's counting down to!
Just think how much better it'll feel when you finally get in there grin I suggest a half hour walk before bedtime too, it won't feel like as long of a wait that way

Trifleorbust Fri 10-Feb-17 17:29:23

formerbabe: I think they wait until the baby sleeps or they take the baby in with them. As I have done before now.

Some of them may well leave the baby hysterical, I don't know about that.

mymilisbatshit Fri 10-Feb-17 17:29:47

oh no I would never leave her crying or screaming thats why I haven't gone for a shower today. Hi former I dont usually have this complaint my DD is usually very good when I do things around the house or just grab a quick shower but today, I haven't even had anything to eat today she just cries as soon as I go to walk out the room Ive even only been going to the toilet if ive been absolutely desperate (Good job she wont let me get a drink huh!) lol I love being a mother but sometimes I wish OH could trade places with me for a day!

Trifleorbust Fri 10-Feb-17 17:31:33

OP, have you tried a sling or a play mat on the kitchen floor? Mine quite likes watching me cook and do the dishes (hates me MNing though!). grin

maltedmilk1 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:32:18

I hear you sister!!!

A shower is such a luxury to us mums especially with little ones. I would much rather enjoy a shower than have a rushed shower worrying about what the baby could be doing

Enjoy your shower tonight-I am also counting down the minutes until mine. My hair is absolutely shocking!

mymilisbatshit Fri 10-Feb-17 17:32:23

Lol I soooo wish I had the pram with me!! I live in a maisonette in a busy area my car is parked half a mile down the road and the pram is in the boot! we only have a small 2 bed place no storage for the pram and because of the stairs we never bring it in! oh balls!

Trifleorbust Fri 10-Feb-17 17:34:39

Just been inspired to run a bath... She has finally fallen asleep and I am trying to sneak into it... Sssh!

userformallyknownasuser1475360 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:34:41

What about a. Yah and take baby in with you?

userformallyknownasuser1475360 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:34:56

*bath

mymilisbatshit Fri 10-Feb-17 17:36:23

Malted - at least if we die we die together! lol My DD is in her walker now and shes happy trying to pull all the clean washing off the clotheshorse.. thanks kid that great! is so close to her dinner time now though so I would be better to wait. OMG i might even treat myself to conditioner and a cheeky leg shave tonight.. I might even.. dare I say it.. use my hair dryer. I have decided I am going to do my make up tomorrow.

mymilisbatshit Fri 10-Feb-17 17:38:15

user - thats not a bad idea I used to bath with her all the time.. until she pooped in the bath... I had just changed her milk at the time.. she had diarrhoea. NO THANK YOU lol

Cathelpplease Fri 10-Feb-17 17:38:25

Showers are not luxuries. God I hate all this martyr bullshit, a bloke would be in and out of the shower by now, not wringing his hands about the baby crying for two minutes.

I'm a single mother, I'd stink if I went along with this.

Run shower, take baby in bathroom, playmat on the floor, saucepans, wooden spoons, tinfoil, a bowl and some big blocks or balls.

Mummy's getting in the shower now darling won't be a minute. Let her scream, she can still see you!

mymilisbatshit Fri 10-Feb-17 17:41:32

Cat - Are you okay? you seem really angry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now