Talk

Advanced search

If you own a tiny car?

(88 Posts)
shaggedthruahedgebackwards Fri 10-Feb-17 14:19:59

AIBU to think that you deliberately park your Fiat 500/C1/Smart as far forward in the parking space as you possibly can so that while the rest of us are driving around looking for a space we get all excited thinking we have found a space only to discover your tiny car when we get closer and feel thoroughly disheartened?

Does the above behaviour give you a perverse sense of pleasure? (I imagine it would)

P.s. It shouldn't need saying but .... light hearted grin

TwentyCups Fri 10-Feb-17 14:20:59

Honestly I do get a bit of pleasure from it but always tainted with worry soneone will pull in over-enthusiastically and crush my (tiny) boot!

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Fri 10-Feb-17 14:25:40

Luckily I've never been so excited that I have swung in and squashed one before spotting it!

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 10-Feb-17 14:28:23

yes I agree! We must invent a name for that swift feeling of disappointment and also for the trying to pretend that you didn't just do that to the queue of cars following behind you in the car park.

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 10-Feb-17 14:29:18

I have a medium sized car btw, I try to park exactly in the middle smile

Shockers Fri 10-Feb-17 14:30:07

I drive a VW UP. I actually did this in the hospital car park this morning grin.

Sunnydaysrock Fri 10-Feb-17 14:30:29

grinvery funny. Don't own a small car but have very recently been totally fooled by tiny cars in spaces in vv busy car park, so obviously the joy in seeing a supposedly free space is even higher...The dissapointment/annoyance therefore worse.

Doodlekitty Fri 10-Feb-17 14:31:12

Perverse sense of pleasure....

Yep, that sums it up nicely.
It takes me 20 minutes to get to 30mph, i have to get my joys somewhere!

Ericaequites Fri 10-Feb-17 14:33:06

Yes, this is fun even if you drive a Nissan Versa. This is at the posh market, where nearly everyone has huge SUVs.

ghostyslovesheets Fri 10-Feb-17 14:33:55

probably not the small car drivers fault

when I drove a mini I would ALWAYS get back to find a huge 4 X 4 on either side making getting out an act of blind faith!

Borntoflyinfirst Fri 10-Feb-17 14:34:32

I have a huge car (Audi Q7). Never fits in a space properly. My mum has a Fiat 500 which I drive occasionally. I take pleasure in parking in those teeny spots I'd have to drive past in my car. Looking forward to being able to drive a little car again one day.

Cookingongas Fri 10-Feb-17 14:37:36

I have deliberately parked between HUGE cars and pulled as far forward as possible just to feel the joy of this. It's very fulfilling to catch someone eyeing up the space you know your car is in.

80sMum Fri 10-Feb-17 14:41:32

We tiny-car owners are also victims of other tiny-car owners' parking, you know! I have sometimes been tempted to squeeze in behind one, as there's almost room for 2 of us in some spaces! smile

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Fri 10-Feb-17 14:42:32

I'm so glad I started this thread smile

I am now considering swapping my VW Golf for an Up, just so I can get some cheap thrills at Meadowhall!

The only time I have had a sense of humour failure about this is when trying to find space at the airport long stay and time is tight, I have been known to swear at tiny hidden cars on such occasions

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 10-Feb-17 14:43:31

I used to do it with my Toyota IQ, I'm getting a Mini soon and will do it again.

80sMum Fri 10-Feb-17 14:44:24

I have a VW Up! Love it!

NataliaOsipova Fri 10-Feb-17 14:52:48

I have a huge car. I am hugely envious of small car drivers and dream of being one again....

chemenger Fri 10-Feb-17 14:53:42

I have a fiat 500 and this annoys me so much that I now consciously park so that it is visible. It is infuriating in our work car park because there is no turning space at the end so if you are lured in by someone who has hidden a smart car in a space even in my fiat it is a tight three point turn to get back out.

WaitrosePigeon Fri 10-Feb-17 14:54:15

I would rather be able to go up a hill with ease.

WaitrosePigeon Fri 10-Feb-17 14:55:12

It's very fulfilling to catch someone eyeing up the space you know your car is in.

What a strange way to go about your life.

SpongebobRoundPants Fri 10-Feb-17 14:55:14

grin I have a tiny car and never thought to do this. Will remember it for one of those 'I hate everyone' days.

SpongebobRoundPants Fri 10-Feb-17 14:56:43

Waitrose lightbloodyhearted.

absolutelynotfabulous Fri 10-Feb-17 14:57:26

The downside of a tiny car in a crowded car park is that you can never find the bugger!

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 10-Feb-17 14:58:42

Waitrose, my car didn't struggle with hills, could leave bigger cars standing at the lights and comfortably sit at 85 70 on the Motorway, I loved it, I'd have the same in a heartbeat but they don't do them as motability cars anymore

Jaysis Fri 10-Feb-17 15:03:24

I've an Up! too!! I adore it. My SIL who drives an audi SUV is pure envious of it because parking for her is a pain in the hole.

I love when I get those spots beside pillars or in corners of multistory car parks that everyone else avoids because their car wont fit, yet mine fits in with heaps to spare.

I loved that when I was in Rome, you'd often see one parking space filled with two smart cars sideways. They fit perfectly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now