Talk

Advanced search

To not know what to say

(31 Posts)
Singasongofjoy Fri 10-Feb-17 07:31:18

Was replying to colleagues text last night and accidentally missed called them at quarter last midnight when replying - immediately deleted the call though so it can't have rung out for more than one second . This person is a work friend btw.

Anyway this morning they texted asking why I called, I replied and said it was an accident etc and hope I hadn't woken them - they replied saying I had ruined their sleep with an eye roll emoji! Is this a joke? I've said sorry but what the hell?

Fackorf Fri 10-Feb-17 07:33:26

You're angry because of an emoji?

How well do you know this colleague?

Singasongofjoy Fri 10-Feb-17 07:34:46

No im not angry at all, just feel bad but also not sure what to say back apart from apologising - it was a genuine mistake so I don't know why they're trying to make me feel bad!

tissuesosoft Fri 10-Feb-17 07:35:00

They should have had their phone on silent if they didn't want to be disturbed. Don't worry about it!

wowfudge Fri 10-Feb-17 07:35:04

Really? You have to ask? If a colleague rang me at 12.15am they would wake me up and ruin my sleep. You should be more careful and perhaps stick to texting colleagues at a more reasonable hour if you can't use your phone properly.

TheDowagerCuntess Fri 10-Feb-17 07:36:39

What an utter drama llama.

It must've rung for an instant - why would you make a big deal about that?

Forget about it.

FeckinCrutches Fri 10-Feb-17 07:37:11

If I put an eye roll after something I'm normally being sarcastic. You're really over thinking this!

wingingitmomma Fri 10-Feb-17 07:39:31

Wow that's a bit harsh isn't it? Sing it's fine just apologise and try and forget about it. They really should of had their phone on silent I'm sure they will get over it. If they continue to go on after you apologise again tell them to get a life!

RuggerHug Fri 10-Feb-17 07:42:20

I would think it was a joke and they didn't wake up at all. Surely they would have text you straight away asking what you wanted if it woke them?

Trills Fri 10-Feb-17 07:46:14

I agree that eye roll emoji = a joke.

I also think that people should put their phones on silent if they want to sleep, but previous threads show that opinion is divided on this one.

Singasongofjoy Fri 10-Feb-17 07:50:45

I've apologised of course but they said they picked up as heard weird noises and then out back down - and that now they feel really tired and ill but have work to finish. Have suggested they work from home it ffs it was a few seconds - what do I say at work? Surely this is a joke

Singasongofjoy Fri 10-Feb-17 07:52:58

Also on my phone it says cancelled call and that they didn't pick up

ScarlettFreestone Fri 10-Feb-17 07:54:55

You are way overthinking their response.

RuggerHug Fri 10-Feb-17 08:01:46

Don't give it any more thought, seriously. Let them whinge to whoever is with them but it's not your problem.

Schwifty Fri 10-Feb-17 08:02:21

What time had the sent the message you were replying to, out of curiosity, Sing?

Only1scoop Fri 10-Feb-17 08:04:52

Sure they aren't just stringing you along in a joking way?

Singasongofjoy Fri 10-Feb-17 08:08:22

Sent the message at the same time - why?

whateverandever Fri 10-Feb-17 08:08:41

Sorry once is adequate. Unless they have an ancient phone, perhaps remind them about the 'do not disturb' setting. And even old phones turn off or on silent.

Fighterofthenightman Fri 10-Feb-17 08:11:28

Do not disturb on a 'phone avoids this.

Huldra Fri 10-Feb-17 08:15:22

A joke I would imagine, move on. If it's mentoned today be a bit self depreciating, then move on.

RedAndYellowStripe Fri 10-Feb-17 08:18:31

Honestly? If you don't want to be disturbed, you have your phone on silent or even better not in your room.

Im also wondering at what time the text were answering to was sent. Because if it was even 30mins before you sent your text (and did the missed call) the they are taking the mick.

Singasongofjoy Fri 10-Feb-17 08:21:42

They texted at half seven I replied about kidnightb

supermoon100 Fri 10-Feb-17 08:21:52

Who does work texts at midnight?

Singasongofjoy Fri 10-Feb-17 08:21:52

Midnight

RedAndYellowStripe Fri 10-Feb-17 08:24:39

A work phone on in the bedroom? They are crazy TBH.

Tbh it wouldnt cross my mind to send a text at midnight even if I was still awake at that time but this is because people don't think it's any issue to do that my phone is always on silent in the evenings/nights.

Just let it go, don't make any mention of it and stop sending texts at that time of the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now