Talk

Advanced search

To start a thread where we can share frustrated ambitions?

(55 Posts)
malificent7 Thu 09-Feb-17 19:59:45

I'd love to go back to uni and retrain to be a radiographer but can't afford to.

Id also love to earn more money.

Please share yourz.

IAmStressedRightOut Thu 09-Feb-17 20:00:45

I'd like more money but don't want to have to work for it!!

SandunesAndRainclouds Thu 09-Feb-17 20:01:48

I'd like to know what to do next... my frustration is I have ambition but I have no clue what to do. I'm an ex-nurse (no longer registered), been a SAHM for 5 years and my brain is mush.

I'm also prone to getting over excited, making plans and not seeing it through...

malificent7 Thu 09-Feb-17 20:04:33

I am ambitious but probably not enough of a high flyer to get there.

Or rather... lacking on self confidence.

diamondsforapril Thu 09-Feb-17 20:05:45

I'd have liked to have married and had children.

It does make me sad that I've probably missed the boat.

Macaroni22 Thu 09-Feb-17 20:07:37

I'd love to be a successful lawyer, have lots of money for exotic holidays and have a home full of Laura Ashley <keeps dreaming>

dancingqueen345 Thu 09-Feb-17 20:07:41

I'd like to set up my own business. But my dreams are bigger than a single coffee shop and even though I know that's how it would have to start I don't have the balls for it.

tygr Thu 09-Feb-17 20:07:48

Oxbridge degree, currently working part time, bored, single, frustrated.

Not sure what I want to do but I need a change.

FellOutOfBed2wice Thu 09-Feb-17 20:08:39

I'd like to write a book. I know I am a good writer and I've got a story to tell but I'm a terrible procrastinator, a bit lazy and lack stickability. Am an English teacher and mother by day and I know I really should buckle the fuck down.

Hassled Thu 09-Feb-17 20:12:04

I wish I'd been an academic. Medieval churches and their influence on society, that sort of thing - I'd love to know what I was talking about. What little I do know is fascinating.

3luckystars Thu 09-Feb-17 20:13:51

I would love to build a house or renovate a house. It's always been my dream.

It will never happen. Dh will never move and he is extremely opinionated about everything house related so we wouldn't make it through a project.( I think you need a certain type of personality to survive a house build. )

He is perfect otherwise though!

unlimiteddilutingjuice Thu 09-Feb-17 20:15:35

I have still not got it together to learn to drive blush

Or written a book

weaselwords Thu 09-Feb-17 20:18:38

I'm watching "The Great British Throwdown". I wish I was a potter!

identityhidden Thu 09-Feb-17 20:23:16

I'd love to have proper friends, even just to have a coffee with one day. Would like a partner as well. I'm 26 in July and I think I have run out of time now to have fun and meet someone.

I'd also love to have a car and to drive, I've never tried the latter but can't afford it right now.

Goosegettingfat Thu 09-Feb-17 21:17:36

Sorry identity did you really just say you're 26 and have run out of time to have fun and meet someone???!!!

StealthPolarBear Thu 09-Feb-17 21:19:20

confused

Gwilt160981 Thu 09-Feb-17 21:21:36

Biggest ambition is to learn to drive.

BrieAndChilli Thu 09-Feb-17 21:22:09

I have a business in mind, I have it all planned out in a notebook but it will need quite a lot of money to set it up which I don't have and probably never will, we rent and probably always will. The business wouldn't work on a smaller scale.

PurpleDaisies Thu 09-Feb-17 21:23:50

I should have been a veg. If I won the lottery I'd go back and do it but realistically it's not going to happen.

sugarmonster64 Thu 09-Feb-17 21:24:15

I want to do an MBA or a Masters but can't afford the fees or the time off work. And I'm too impatient to do it part-time or via distance learning as it takes yonks and I know I'd get bored. Not sure it would benefit me as I'm not after taking over the corporate world but I think an extra qualification and something to study for would be good.

PurpleDaisies Thu 09-Feb-17 21:24:27

Veg?!! Yes, my lifetime's ambition was to be broccoli.

That's obviously vet.

NorksAreMessy Thu 09-Feb-17 21:25:12

I wanted to be an artist, but went to grammar school (100 years ago) where the art department was one tiny room, and any arty ambitions were frowned upon.

I now work in arty things, but I am not a proper real, full time artist, because I haven't had the experience or training.
I will never QUITE get over it sad

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Thu 09-Feb-17 21:27:15

Ooh this is therapeutic. I have two...
I would like to retrain in a different (but related area to what I am in now) but don't have the time or money.

Really though if I had my time again I would train in something which actually allows career progression while being flexible and family friendly (although I'm not sure that actually exists).

identity you are not too old for those things to happen flowers.

Want2bSupermum Thu 09-Feb-17 21:27:47

Its a snow day here in New Jersey with about a foot of snow on the ground. I've spent the past two years working very hard towards promotion. I was on a very important call with a partner at 1pm and DS came bounding in and mauling me. I was trying to explain something and couldn't hold a thought together as DS climbed all over me and tried to play with the blinds.

When I raised this with DH, who was supposed to be watching the kids, he made a snarky comment about him taking customer calls while the kids play. I'm furious because his calls were 5mins, mine an hour and I was presenting, he was just speaking to one person.

I'm left completely failing to show readiness for promotion as with DS pulling in my ear I couldn't walk the partner and senior manager through the regulatory work we have done.

I want my promotion.... based on what senior manager said after the call, it won't be happening. Thanks 'D'H. Either way I am leaving. No point working so many hours of it's not valued.

identity At 26 you have plenty of time. My friend met her DH at 39 and another friend is 51 and just got married.

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Thu 09-Feb-17 21:27:50

Purple grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now