Talk

Advanced search

To commit murder over the smell of fish sauce?

(6 Posts)
bumblebee50 Thu 09-Feb-17 19:28:27

For about the third night this week my DH is making himself a curry (I didn't want it and had something earlier). He insists on using copious amounts of fish sauce in his curry and the smell is disgusting and permeates every inch of the house. Do I batter him over the head with the rolling pin or do I just get a peg for my nose?

Valentine2 Thu 09-Feb-17 19:30:19

Drown him in the said sauce more like.

justilou Thu 09-Feb-17 22:51:34

No you are not. My husband broke a bottle of it IN MY CAR! It leaked all over the carpet and the back seat and of course it was the middle of summer in Australia. We had to sell the car in the winter time as we couldn't live with another summer stinking of rotting fish.

KatsutheClockworkOctopus Thu 09-Feb-17 23:03:24

Fish sauce reeks. YA probably being a bit U to commit murder, but only a tiny bit.

MLGs Thu 09-Feb-17 23:27:18

Are you pregnant? If so murder I'd justified. If not, it's probably not on.

thecolonelbumminganugget Thu 09-Feb-17 23:42:22

I understand your objections to the smell but in our house when one of us has made something that is a bit more delicious than it otherwise should be, it's because whoever cooked it has put a spoonful of fish sauce in it. It's like witchcraft.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now