Talk

Advanced search

to feel paranoid he was avoiding me?

(5 Posts)
Singasongofjoy Thu 09-Feb-17 19:04:09

Guy at work who is more experienced has been assigned to be my buddy i.e. help settle me in etc. We had a coffee meeting soon after I joined and got on v well - lasted about an hour and just chatted really.

Anyway fast forward to today, we bumped into each other in the lift and I was so awkward: didn't recognise him at first so stared at him suspiciously before saying hi. We then had a brief chat but I was strange and dropped a document on the floor, took me a couple of attempts to retrieve it, and it was all just a bit awkward. Needless to say, he hasn't mentioned meeting for another catch-up anytime soon!!!

Was just walking at the door and saw him packing up too - got the feeling that he was delaying so we wouldn't have to have any more awkward lift chats! Gah, I hate myself. Why can't things just be easy - thought we hit it off at first so it's annoying if he is avoiding me - just want to get on with people!!

WaitedForGodot Thu 09-Feb-17 19:07:56

you're overthinking it, stop worrying

most people only meet up with their 'buddies' once or twice anyway unless it's a formal thing

Trills Thu 09-Feb-17 19:14:17

He probably got the impression that you don't want to talk to him.

Meeting you is something that he's been asked to do for your benefit, he's not going to mention it if you seem like you don't want it.

You can mention it, if you want.

Singasongofjoy Thu 09-Feb-17 19:35:39

I do though - he was really nice and I liked him!

hopefully will see him again at work drinks and can make up for my prior awkwardness!!

Thinkingofausername1 Thu 09-Feb-17 20:06:14

Maybe he fancies you . Some men get uneasy when they fancy you 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now