Talk

Advanced search

Collectables for DC/Adults

(2 Posts)
SingingInTheRainstorm Thu 09-Feb-17 05:33:11

I was wondering if IWU or OTT if your child starts a collection like football cards, Moshi Monsters, Shopkins etc, it's best that they try to complete the set?

Like with Match Attax, I think there's some games you can play, although DS is OCD and just files them. It sort of defeats the point of buying them if at a certain point you quit. You can buy singles from Panini I think.

The same with Moshi's & Shopkin's, I know they release quite a few, but do you buy the odd pack so DC have something to play with or do you collect them?

The same as with magazines for adults that usually have the first issue cheap, then subsequent issues. Do you as adults go out of your way to collect full sets of things?

We were meant to finish some sets for Christmas and Birthdays, but it's not been mentioned, plus I don't think the Match Attax folder has even been touched recently.

I very much doubt that in years to come they'll have tremendous value, even though a fortune is spent on both cards & toys as weekly treats, more for the excitement of blind opening.

I don't really collect anything, although I like angels, so I'm a sucker for an angel ornament that's tasteful. In times gone by it would be crystal / China dinnerware for best, although I doubt many people have best chinaware for visitors.

ShotsFired Thu 09-Feb-17 05:57:49

The same as with magazines for adults that usually have the first issue cheap, then subsequent issues. Do you as adults go out of your way to collect full sets of things?

Some/many of those part sets don't ever finish - the demand drops off a cliff so they stop printing them. In any case, if you really wanted a human skeleton (or whatever) why wouldn't you buy one, not spend massively over the odds for an inferior DIY set you may or may not ever get to complete?

Like with Match Attax, I think there's some games you can play, although DS is OCD and just files them. It sort of defeats the point of buying them if at a certain point you quit. You can buy singles from Panini I think.

You sound quite, er, full on with this - so what if a child doesn't complete a set. Maybe they don't mind it being incomplete, maybe they lose interest, maybe they can't be arsed with getting the same things and always having to swap (assuming there is someone they can swap with?).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now