Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to take the day off for...

(5 Posts)
Poorlypotato Thu 09-Feb-17 00:22:52

...a cold??

I feel like utter shit. Completely blocked up, headache etc. The thought of sitting at a computer all day tomorrow feels me with dread. I just want to spend the day in bed and sleep it off.
But it is just a stonking cold so sounds pathetic to ring in sick for?

AlmostAJillSandwich Thu 09-Feb-17 00:25:41

Colds can vary from mild to severe, it's not a silly reason to take a day off ill at all.
Staring at a computer screen all day with a headache and that odd physically heavy feeling head but whilst being lightheaded is not going to be fun. Take the day, take regular doses of medicine, get a good sleep and i hope you feel better soon flowers

pipsqueak25 Thu 09-Feb-17 00:26:01

if you feel that bad with it, then take the day off, but see how you are in the morning first.

SapphireSeptember Thu 09-Feb-17 00:36:53

I'm off sick at the moment, with a cold. So yes, I'd phone in sick! I'm currently sitting in a cool room sweating like a pig. I work in a café, and I'm pretty sure the customers wouldn't appreciate me coughing every five seconds. envy

babynugget Thu 09-Feb-17 00:39:03

It sounds like it could be sinusitis which had me rendered completely incapable for several days last year. Felt like a total wuss for not going to work but I simply could not have sat in front of a computer screen let alone been productive in anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now