Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To send to school or not to school?

(8 Posts)
Sunnysky2016 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:07:45

Ds2 was off school yesterday and today with a sore throat, swollen glands etc. Dr yesterday said it's likely viral but to keep an eye on it incase it is a bacterial infection.
He's been given a numbing spray and told to take paracetamol to help with temp.
Ok in himself today, however tomorrow he has an assessment. Would it be reasonable to take him in for this which is first period then if he's still yucky bring him home?
What would you do?

fc301 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:27:58

Be guided by your instincts / observations/ Dr advice tomorrow. If it means a 3rd day off so be it.

Leeds2 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:30:20

Personally, I would take him in.

NavyandWhite Wed 08-Feb-17 21:30:55

No if he's ill he should stay off, if he's better he should go in for the day.
See how he is tomorrow. What assessment is it?

melj1213 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:32:28

It's too late now but personally I would have called the school today to ask about the assessment and what the arrangements would be if he wasn't well enough to come back tomorrow.

Is the assessment really important or is it something desirable but non-essential?

Possibly I'd call first thing and see what they say - if they can rearrange the assessment for another day without too much hassle then I'd keep him home one more day, but if it was going to be a huge fuss I'd arrange to take him in for the assessment then home

Sunnysky2016 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:42:13

It's a year 7 assessment to see what levels they as working at.

My reasons being-
A) I don't want him off if he's well enough to be in
B) I don't want him being in if he's still not 100%
C) I don't want him spreading his germs- no matter how much I've told him to share!!

Sunnysky2016 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:43:23

Plus he only told me about it this evening!

allowlsthinkalot Wed 08-Feb-17 22:07:11

Oh he's only year 7? I'd keep him home. He will just do the assessment on return. It's only if it's external that it would be a faff for him to be off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now