Talk

Advanced search

It's just taken 3 glasses of wine but I feel better

(23 Posts)
coffeeneeded Wed 08-Feb-17 20:35:57

So I have 10 month old twins.

I have had 4 absolutely shit weeks. They've been ill, I've been ill, my dh has been ill and they've popped 4 teeth between them (obvs not my husband). It's been utterly shite.

I've just downed one glass of wine and had two more (which I drank normally) and now I feel better.

When does this become a problem? Aibu to do this every night coz it feels good??

Lilaclily Wed 08-Feb-17 20:37:54

Erm well it depends how big your glasses are

Mine are the real size of a third of a bottle and a bottle a night is too much for me

fc301 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:38:15

8.35 pm YANBU
8.35 am YABU!

loveulotslikejellytots Wed 08-Feb-17 20:38:51

Wait till the morning grin Then see if you want to do it again!

TartYvette Wed 08-Feb-17 20:39:31

When they wake up at 11:55 tonight with another 2 teeth coming, and your hangover arrivine to coincide grin but enjoy the interim bliss wine

coffeeneeded Wed 08-Feb-17 20:39:48

Ha! Thanks for making me laugh!

I'll try not to drink at 0835!

PurpleDaisies Wed 08-Feb-17 20:42:04

www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-facts/alcoholic-drinks-units/alcohol-limits-unit-guidelines/

Depending on your glass sizes you could be racking up a lot of units there.

I would worry about slipping into using drinking as a coping mechanism. That doesn't usually lead to a happy relationship with alcohol.

It sounds like you have had an absolutely rotten time and I hope things get better. flowers

fc301 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:44:19

/\ /\
Bit OTT !

PurpleDaisies Wed 08-Feb-17 20:47:37

I was replying to the op's question...
When does this become a problem? Aibu to do this every night coz it feels good??

fc301 if the op is getting to the point where she's having to knock back three glasses of wine a night to cope with life I think that's worrying from a health point of view. I don't know why it's OTT to answer what she asked. confused

Believeitornot Wed 08-Feb-17 20:48:46

That's quite a lot. Is it what you normally do?

If not then fine. If it is then hmmshock

coffeeneeded Wed 08-Feb-17 20:51:11

TBH this is the first time I've felt drunk since Christmas... so I don't do this often.

But it's sooooo tempting to do it!! I'm sure, tomorrow morning, I will remember why I don't do it often!

Cheers!

lilyborderterrier Wed 08-Feb-17 21:06:31

Bless you if I wasn't pregnant or the fact that I hate wine, tonight I would have drunk a whole bottle of wine after the day I've had with a ( 4 days off being 4 year old!) instead I've eaten a load of sugary crap. Sending hugs x hope tomorrow's a bette day! I know mine will be a the devil sorry my daughter is in nursery!

fc301 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:07:40

Fair enough purpledaisies. I interpreted OP as a bit tongue in cheek 💐

FreeButtonBee Wed 08-Feb-17 21:08:47

Trust me, I have 4yo twins and an 18mo and wine makes EVERYTHING BETTER.

coffeeneeded Wed 08-Feb-17 21:11:02

Free- why did you go back for another kid after twins???? 😱😱😱

RoboticSealpup Wed 08-Feb-17 21:14:13

I personally wouldn't drink that much when in charge of babies, but that's partly because I co-sleep with a toddler. I'm so tired all the time that anything more than one bottle of beer just knocks me out and I get horribly drowsy.

reallyanotherone Wed 08-Feb-17 21:16:56

I'm teetotal because i feel the same.

I am a very anxious person, and alcohol will make my worries smaller for a little while, and knock me straight out to sleep.

But then i wake at 4am, feeling crappy, and all my anxiety spins around my head. So the next night i think if i have a drink i'll feel better...

I can see me slipping down that slope very quickly. so i don't drink.

coffeeneeded Wed 08-Feb-17 21:21:31

Exactly. You can't win whatever you do. You kick back- have a few glasses and instantly regret it and feel guilty. OR you don't drink and feel uptight about everything.

Is there something I'm missing here?

PurpleDaisies Wed 08-Feb-17 21:27:42

Pringles?

Maybe that's why my jeans don't do up. grin

JenniferYellowHat1980 Wed 08-Feb-17 21:28:48

Strangely I just downed a glass and then drank two more. I did it in a moment of grief brought on by breaking something special and I feel better now. Fine as long as it doesn't happen every night!

haveacupoftea Wed 08-Feb-17 21:29:12

That's what wine is for surely confused

FourToTheFloor Wed 08-Feb-17 21:33:54

I have weeks like that where my first drink is pretty much chugged down then I enjoy the following 2 glasses of red.

Sunday to Thursday I try to be alcohol free smile

FreeButtonBee Wed 08-Feb-17 21:59:15

Fuck knows coffee. Don't have sex when they start sleeping. One slip and we were fucked grin the baby is awesome but I am fucking tired. Didn't drink wine all of Jan and have definitely made up for it in the 8 days since. 2 is life changing and 3 is amazing with twins. Hang in there. The first 18mo is very very very VERY hard and you do what you need to do to survive )inc tag teaming with your OH). Eventually it heats easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now