Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think my dog needs lessons on how to be a good dog?

(16 Posts)
JustHereForThePooStories Wed 08-Feb-17 20:04:53

Long story short but my husband was admitted to a psychiatric ward today. It's very tough and upsetting for all involved. I've tried to keep a stiff upper lip at work but I crumbled today and made a right fool of myself blubbering. All the way home all I could think about was getting to my house, and cuddling up with the dog.

She's barely looked at me all evening. She's asleep on the couch and if I try to sidle up to her, she gives me a hmm look, turns over, farts, and falls asleep again.

HolesinTheSoles Wed 08-Feb-17 20:06:32

flowers

YANBU sounds like you need some serious furry cuddles!

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Wed 08-Feb-17 20:08:32

Not BU at all! Is she part cat? I got back today to find buggerdug on the kitchen work top eating remnants of breakfast- they can be class buddies at 'Learn to be a dog school'

user892 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:08:40

YANBU, hope things improve OP... (once tried to cuddle my v.stand-offish cat when crying. Didn't go well).

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Wed 08-Feb-17 20:10:01

And you did not make a fool of your self! Don't think like that- gin flowers bear hugs in case dog doesn't paw the line!

Ilovecaindingle Wed 08-Feb-17 20:12:29

Where do you live? I could lend you a husky who will become your fur coat for the evening!

insan1tyscartching Wed 08-Feb-17 20:21:40

I can send you mine for a cuddle. he's on my shoulder and keeps licking behind my ear hmm
flowers for you.

JustHereForThePooStories Wed 08-Feb-17 20:27:53

Where do you live?

I'm not in the UK- does s/he have a pet passport?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Sitting here sobbing and wondering how we'll get out of this bind.

Ilovecaindingle Wed 08-Feb-17 20:29:39

Please accept a virtual slobber from my husky. . . .

harderandharder2breathe Wed 08-Feb-17 20:30:21

Yanbu, dogs are supposed to give comfort to their owners, she's failing. I like PP suggestion that she's part cat.

My chihuahua could always be relied upon for cuddles! Whether you need them or not

luckylucky24 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:32:58

Hugs for you. Do you want to talk about your husband?

picklemepopcorn Wed 08-Feb-17 20:36:14

Perhaps your dog feels it's very important to keep an air of stability...
No, sorry, I'm reaching. He doesn't know how to be a proper dog!
I'd lend you mine, but he's loopy and also useless in a crisis.

RubyWinterstorm Wed 08-Feb-17 20:36:34

Is it a pointy hound? They are part cat, I swear! And hibernate in winter.

Sounds like you are having a rough time. Hope your DH is ok. Be kind to yourself...

RiversrunWoodville Wed 08-Feb-17 20:46:50

I send virtual hugs from me because all 4 of mine are all utterly useless in a crisis and the only one that ever gave furry cuddles was my late one eyed cat who knew exactly how a dog should behave (unlike any of these unrepentant mitts looking hopefully at me right now)
flowers and cake and hoping things get better

RiversrunWoodville Wed 08-Feb-17 20:47:16

Mutts not mitts ffs

Katy07 Thu 09-Feb-17 11:07:13

My dog ignores me when I'm crying but climbs all over me if I'm swearing at the football on the telly confused She doesn't seem to understand that upset = need for cuddles, frustrated = need for better football team.
But it's crap for you..... Hope it improves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now