Talk

Advanced search

That I've been deprived of a parking thread

(14 Posts)
lalalalyra Wed 08-Feb-17 14:53:03

My neighbour is having a major renovation done. His builders/plumbers currently have 5 vans in the street. The Au Pair came in from the shops to tell me they were blocking my drive plus two other drives.

By the time I got out there (it's nearly school pick up time) the man opposite had been out to speak to them... to offer them use of his drive as he no longer has a car and you can get 3 vans on it and two in front of it.

Pfft. AIBU to never speak to him again on the basis that that could have been a really good parking wars thread in the making as there is only a handful of on-street parking so they were likely to be blocking folks in or out left right and centre?

FlyingElbows Wed 08-Feb-17 14:55:31

You could do us a diagram and a drawing of all the characters so we can imagine what would have happened if your neighbour had not been reasonable and thoughtful. Gotta love a diagram.

HookandSwan Wed 08-Feb-17 14:56:21

People are very selfish!!!!!!! shock

justgivemethepinot Wed 08-Feb-17 15:01:16

How dare your neighbour be so reasonable and accommodating!

cate16 Wed 08-Feb-17 15:06:11

Place marking ... smile smile smile

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 08-Feb-17 15:11:01

Perhaps you could go and block them in on your neighbour's drive citing I always park here as it never gets used so I am going to continue to park here.

NancyJoan Wed 08-Feb-17 15:24:14

FFS.

HappyFlappy Wed 08-Feb-17 15:28:26

What a git!

Does he not care that a parking thread is the very breath of life to people who have no social skills or friends and are filled with a vague hostile aggression that they cannot otherwise vent without getting arrested Mumsnetters?

Celaena Wed 08-Feb-17 15:30:29

oh man!! i love a good parking thread!

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Wed 08-Feb-17 15:32:50

Bloody ridiculous!! Have you logged it with 101?? Deprivation of being outraged?

lalalalyra Wed 08-Feb-17 17:22:50

It had such potential if next door had come home to find their drive blocked.

To give an example of how unreasonable next door are - said neighbour once reported me to the council noise people because my cats were making his dogs bark and the noise was annoying him...

He would have been brilliant to find a van in front of his drive.

BlackeyedSusan Wed 08-Feb-17 17:36:12

make it up. we don't care.

F1ipFlopFrus Wed 08-Feb-17 17:37:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thingywhatsit Wed 08-Feb-17 17:41:39

I feel your pain - I could have had an excellent parking thread on Halloween. It would have had diagrams, constant beeping on my horn, bitch swearing at me in front of her own children, blocking car in, police being called - the works! But it was Halloween, and I was trying to feed 12 people before going trick n treating. I just couldn't juggle a thread running at the same time. Was absolutely gutted 🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now