Talk

Advanced search

Fresh bedding = early night right ???

(31 Posts)
onmybroomstick Tue 07-Feb-17 21:55:12

Changed my bed sheets this afternoon and been so looking forward to getting in bed in fresh beautiful smelling crisp sheets! Bed feels so much better the day they're changed. Friend thinks I'm a weirdo and there is no difference in how the bed feels after it's been changed. Am I bu by wanting to get in to my freshly changed bed asap???? Or is friend right and this heaven I feel is all in my imagination

iklboo Tue 07-Feb-17 22:01:46

It's the best part of changing the bed! Bath / shower, clean pjs / nightwear, early bed.

DeadGood Tue 07-Feb-17 22:02:02

"Friend thinks... there is no difference in how the bed feels after it's been changed."

Your friend is being so U. Is she five? Fresh sheets are the kind of thing small children wouldn't notice, but adults would.

RebelandaStunner Tue 07-Feb-17 22:05:30

Yanbu
Your friend is the wierd one.

CrazyPebbles Tue 07-Feb-17 22:08:44

Your friend is VERY U.

I love bed changing day smile it is heaven IMO getting into a bed that has lovely clean and pressed sheets (yes I know some will think I'm quite mad)

Even better if you have a lovely long bath and light a candle it's my pamper evening and then I settle in early with a good book or guilty pleasure TV show grin and a bit of MN.

Everyone else (except the cat) is banned

LilacSkyes Tue 07-Feb-17 22:09:03

YANBU.. your friend is weird. When you change the bed it is essential you have a bath/shower put on clean pjs and have an early night.

madasamarchhare Tue 07-Feb-17 22:10:38

Agree with all of the above. Fresh sheets, clean pjs's, hot bath and an early night with a book to read. Best night of the week!

Costacoffeeplease Tue 07-Feb-17 22:11:53

I've just got into a nice fresh, clean, bed - bliss

OliviaStabler Tue 07-Feb-17 22:12:05

I always sleep better with fresh bed linen

AddALemon Tue 07-Feb-17 22:12:20

Am I the only one who makes sure I shave my legs before I get into clean bedding grin

GemmaB78 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:12:45

Agree with all of the above except the PJs. You can't beat the feel of fresh sheets against bare, just-got-out-of-the-bath, skin.

PrancerForHoney Tue 07-Feb-17 22:13:07

Fresh clean sheets and freshly shaved legs=heaven. No idea why but it's a fantastic feeling.

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Tue 07-Feb-17 22:14:06

Fresh bed is great!

We change our bed every Sunday and I am in bed by 9pm Sunday watching tv as I love the way new bed sheets feel, it reminds me of fresh bed/bath night as a child ( I was only allowed 1 bath a week, all other days were showers)

Iggi999 Tue 07-Feb-17 23:06:26

I thought you meant early night as in sex
No way would I want to put bodily fluids on nice clean sheets!

LoupGarou Tue 07-Feb-17 23:08:45

Yesssssssss! Plus a flask of tea beside the bed so you don't have to keep getting up to make cups of tea and a plate of cookies which aren't for sharing grin

Xmasbaby11 Tue 07-Feb-17 23:11:31

It would never occur to me to go to bed early for this reason! I'd normally change the bed earlier in the day then forgot about it by evening.

fairraid Tue 07-Feb-17 23:13:28

I would be curled up under those sheets ten mins after i put them down.

ClopySow Tue 07-Feb-17 23:14:37

Yes. Bath then clean bed is one of the best things ever.

donniemurdo Tue 07-Feb-17 23:36:36

Mmmm, lovely feeling. However YABU because clean sheets day has to be a Sunday (barring unexpected sheet changes obviously) like Sparkle, ready to start a new week. Tuesday is sacrilege!! shock wink

DustinGee Tue 07-Feb-17 23:40:19

Hot bath, clean Pjs, clean sheets...no finer feeling in the world, imo.

LellyMcKelly Tue 07-Feb-17 23:41:15

Fresh sheets, shower, early night, freshly showered man. Oh, bliss.

HeddaGarbled Tue 07-Feb-17 23:45:47

I thought that you were going to say that changing the bed was a signal for sex and was going to say OMG, no, don't mess up those pristine sheets.

Twofurrycats Tue 07-Feb-17 23:56:09

If I had ridiculous amounts of money I would pay for someone to come and put fresh bedding on everyday! (Love fresh bedding - hate putting it on)

ScarlettFreestone Tue 07-Feb-17 23:59:03

Fresh sheets make up for the hideous chore that is changing the bed.

Finola1step Wed 08-Feb-17 00:03:28

Your friend doesn't change her sheets. The dirty apeth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now