Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

..to let our puppy slep on the bed tonight?

(65 Posts)
Bunnyfuller Tue 07-Feb-17 21:35:00

DH is away, 24 hrs in A and E only had 30 mins left, we're very snuggly and its cold to get out of bed!

It's only one night? Surely? Isn't having puppy snuggles like having newborn snuggles?

anoriginalusername Tue 07-Feb-17 21:38:02

Always let the pet in the bed! When dp gets out of bed for a shower, my cat jumps in and steals his space for a morning snuggle! grin

pinkiepie1 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:44:30

We have a pup and a dog (big breed) and unfortunately when dog was a pup we let her go on bottom of bed, now we have a pup, pup has to come on bed to or stares and whines at me all night cos dog is on bed... Tell ya worse than kids half of time lol

Cherrysoup Tue 07-Feb-17 21:46:25

Is it toilet trained? Will you get up several times to let it out for wees? My last one was taken out for wees at 4am, then back to bed til 6 with us, upside down, little mouth open, adorable. He was in his crate in our room til 4.

emma6776 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:47:59

Hell yes!

mikeyssister Tue 07-Feb-17 21:48:46

Huge mistake. DH did that "just for tonight" about 9 months ago.

Guess who has the best part of the bed now, and guess which eejits end up hanging onto the edges of the bed.

sonjadog Tue 07-Feb-17 21:49:23

Sure you can have him there. But be warned - when he has discovered the joy of sleeping on the bed, he´ll demand to be there every night. It won´t be a one off...

TweedAddict Tue 07-Feb-17 21:50:28

My 7 month old pup comes and sleeps on the bed when my husband works away. She's down in the kitchen with our other dogs when he's home. We have no issues with her, other then sneaking into the bed during the day if the door is open; but then all the dogs do that.

TartYvette Tue 07-Feb-17 21:52:14

As someone said to me when I let my puppy onto my bed: it'll be carved in granite according to the pup. Sure enough she was there forever more even though she eventually took up more space than either of us and snored worse than dh! I miss her now though her successor has never even been allowed upstairs. Go for it I say.

Bunnyfuller Tue 07-Feb-17 21:52:36

He's never going to be huge.... He wakes about 7 for the loo (garden). I know I have to take him to his bed, I'm chilly tonight but I normally overheat.

I think once I've done it once it'll be too easy for both of us!

PersonalClown Tue 07-Feb-17 21:52:58

Go for it.
And like everyone else has said...prepare to lose your space in there for eternity.

Mine are 7 and still sleep in the bed. We bought a Superking size just to fit us all in!!

NavyandWhite Tue 07-Feb-17 21:53:13

How old? Nice idea but won't it cry tomorrow night when DH is back?!

Bunnyfuller Tue 07-Feb-17 21:54:17

DH not back til thurs smile

NavyandWhite Tue 07-Feb-17 21:55:38

grin how old is it?

MadHattersWineParty Tue 07-Feb-17 21:55:59

I swore I'd never let the dogs in the bed...

The dogs are in the bed. Every night. When they were little I said it was because they were 'just babies'. Now it's just because I like poodle-wool warming my feet/backs of my knees. Also they cry really pitifully if they're not in bed with me. DP has to lob a couple of kongs into the lounge amd make a quick getaway if he fancies trying his luck grin

EssieTregowan Tue 07-Feb-17 21:56:21

Yanbu. My precious pooch sleeps with me when dh is out. He boots her out when he gets in.

He's going away for the weekend soon and I'm keeping my furry baby next to me all night. Bwa ha ha.

londonrach Tue 07-Feb-17 21:58:01

If you do it be every night from now on...how cute is the puppy and how cold out there. We need photos here🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

WorraLiberty Tue 07-Feb-17 21:58:43

Any dog I've ever owned has slept on the end of my bed, even when I was a child.

Some people like it, some think it's DISCUSTING blah blah blah...

But I've always found it a great comfort - well until he starts starfishing anyway hmm grin

Apocalyptichorsewoman Tue 07-Feb-17 21:59:21

My rescue doggy sleeps on my bed with me - but there's only me and her... And her teddy.

I didn't intend for that to happen!

Dahlietta Tue 07-Feb-17 21:59:26

Definitely only do it if you're happy for him to sleep there for the rest of his life! wink

NavyandWhite Tue 07-Feb-17 22:01:40

I would love to have mine on the bed. But one is so huge he'd take up all the room. Plus DH has asthma so it wouldn't be fair.

If you do let him sleep on the bed be aware that when he can't because DH is home he might not be happy!

chitofftheshovel Tue 07-Feb-17 22:04:20

As part of a pack they'd curl up with each other at night. You are it's pack, so I reckon its only natural it would want to be with you. Bloody annoying sometimes, a great comfort other times.

Bunnyfuller Tue 07-Feb-17 22:07:27

I'm waivering...

7SunshineSeven7 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:12:44

Like others have said, you might have an issue with letting him out of the bed again. However you need to think of this issue:

How high is your bed?

When I got a puppy when I was a teen I let him sleep on my bed, he jumped down in the night and broke his leg (he was a small breed like yours looks to be). If he jumps down he could hurt himself so take that into consideration. He's gorgeous by the way!

Summerisdone Tue 07-Feb-17 22:13:48

My bed every night is myself, 2 year old DS and 20 month fur baby. I vowed back when I first had DS that I wouldn't let him sleep in bed and again when I got pup I said the same about him, now I have to fight every night for space and quilt from the two of them. As much as I whinge about the inconvenience of them being in my bed though, I actually hate it when I don't have them to snuggle up to on the rare occasion they have sleepovers at Nana's because I'm on a late shift.
As much as your pup may like sleeping in the bed tonight and then hamper for it once he's no longer allowed, you may find yourself missing him in bed with you just as much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now