Talk

Advanced search

Weed concerns

(5 Posts)
Tatteredlace Tue 07-Feb-17 21:32:01

I recently found out my friend smoked cannabis during her pregnancy. Her and her other half have both smoked for years but I was gobsmacked to find out she had been smoking whilst pregnant. Her other half made it clear that stopping wasn't on his agenda... baby or no baby. Now I'm concerned that they will continue smoking around their newborn and not give a fuck about it. AIBU to think that is an issue/completely fucking wrong when it seems to be so socially acceptable these days!?

WeddingsAreStressful Tue 07-Feb-17 21:37:09

Very very wrong. On my way home this evening, I walked past 2 men and a toddler (one of the men was clearly his dad) and both men were smoking weed. I've smoked weed before, I'm not against it generally, but smoking around your child makes you a pretty bad fucking parent (if you can even call yourself a parent). Small kids get themselves into trouble all the time, how can you keep them safe if you're high??!!!!
Honestly, I'd call the police on them.

Tatteredlace Tue 07-Feb-17 22:04:25

It's like weed is just completely socially acceptable now and I'm the crazy one thinking this is an issue? It's making me feel physically sick

WorraLiberty Tue 07-Feb-17 22:07:22

Of course it's wrong to smoke around a newborn, whether it's weed or tobacco.

I'm surprised you need to ask.

Don't know what you can do about it though, if they won't stop.

Ohyesiam Tue 07-Feb-17 22:07:30

To lots of people is socially acceptable, that doesn't stop of being a strong psychoactive. Yes, it's effects will reduce anyone's ability to parent a small child properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now