Talk

Advanced search

to think this 'peterandjane' fb thing is awful through and through

(136 Posts)
lubeybooby Tue 07-Feb-17 17:53:17

www.facebook.com/peterandjaneandmummytoo/ if you click the link you'll see the current top post I think about daddy lost his keys - not sure how to link directly to it

I feel ill it's so awful. A horrid grumpy twat of a man stomping about cos he can't find his keys, blaming everyone but himself and then mummy 'joking' about hitting him over the head with the gin bottle

this is 1980's humour like jim davidson and mother in law killing jokes etc... isn't it?

relationships shouldn't be like that - one person having violent thoughts and/or walking on eggshells all the time while a ridiculous incompetent man child has a tantrum

this crap is why so many women think that is all there is in men out there. uselessness at best and abusive at worst.

UGH

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Tue 07-Feb-17 17:55:33

Cute dog though

Areyoufree Tue 07-Feb-17 17:56:40

Made me laugh. And I am not a fan of 80s humour.

TheWrathFromHighAtopTheThing Tue 07-Feb-17 17:57:13

Oh it's a pile of cliched hokey bollocks. All the ranting.

If any parent finds the most banal of tasks that rant-inducing and requiring of wine, they ought to rethink the whole parenting thing.

They seem like utter assholes to me. hmm

raffleswinch Tue 07-Feb-17 17:58:47

Never heard of it until now. Looks absolutely tedious.

witsender Tue 07-Feb-17 18:00:39

They don't sound like they like each other very much. Yawn.

SargeantAngua Tue 07-Feb-17 18:00:47

I read it and thought "wow, that's just like my Dad"...
It's taken me ages to stop cowering when I'm with my boyfriend and something goes wrong because I automatically expect a similar outburst! Thankfully he's lovely and non shouty and life goes a lot more smoothly.

DisneyMillie Tue 07-Feb-17 18:02:28

It's just light hearted - you're not meant to take it too seriously - I think it's funny. And don't all men moan about "where did you put my...".

PCDC Tue 07-Feb-17 18:02:32

It's obviously exaggerated for comic effect...surely? No man can be THAT consistently useless, can they?

LittleBoat Tue 07-Feb-17 18:03:27

It makes me laugh very much out loud most of the time, but that post didn't for all the reasons you said. I guess everyone can have an off day.

You don't have to read it.

Foxysoxy01 Tue 07-Feb-17 18:04:40

Wow that was an explosion of passive aggressive loveliness hmm

JenniferYellowHat1980 Tue 07-Feb-17 18:04:48

Better than the Unmumsy fucking Mum but I find them all contrived.

TheWrathFromHighAtopTheThing Tue 07-Feb-17 18:05:12

You can just imagine Jane, can't you?

I bet she called holidays 'holibobs' and has a mug that says 'Gin o'clock' on it, and wears comedy Christmas earrings in fucking November, and goes on and on about her 'mummy friends' as if anyone gives the remotest fuck.

NavyandWhite Tue 07-Feb-17 18:06:20

Bet she's on MN. She probably gets some of her ideas for her stories from here.

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Tue 07-Feb-17 18:07:35

I feel ill it's so awful

Really?

A comedy post on the internet that is clearly hyperbole is not to your taste, and that makes you feel ill?

Even setting that aside, did you bother to read through any more of the posts? It's not all about a vile misogynistic beast! She's simply trying to find some humour in the things that are frustrating about having a family to cheer up loving but exhausted parents. If you don't find it funny that's fine, but seriously, there are much worse things out there to make you feel ill!

ludog Tue 07-Feb-17 18:10:58

I love it, she's taking the piss out of typical mc aspirational nonsense. I look forward to her posts every day. I identify with most if what she says (and, yes, it is all exaggerated for effect).

christinarossetti Tue 07-Feb-17 18:11:43

There's loads of that style of blog - Hurrah for Him, Totes Inapproes etc. About having children.

I don't particularly like them, so don't really them. They're popular though.

TheWrathFromHighAtopTheThing Tue 07-Feb-17 18:14:52

Of course it's exaggerated. It's just really, really unfunny.

I had to block all posts from them because they pissed me off by showing up on my wall every time someone I know liked it.

ElspethFlashman Tue 07-Feb-17 18:16:15

Yeah but Peter and Jane do seem like candidates for the Relationships board though.

I really hope it's exaggerated hugely cos she seems to explode into rage about 30 times a day.

Boiled7Up Tue 07-Feb-17 18:18:46

I think it's funny grin I love the dog.

Haven't read that particular entry though.

NavyandWhite Tue 07-Feb-17 18:19:19

I think it captures normal life pretty realistically.

SasBel Tue 07-Feb-17 18:21:03

I do follow judgey dog though! blush

pinkunicornsarefluffy Tue 07-Feb-17 18:21:12

I love it, it's really funny and often spot on.

picklemepopcorn Tue 07-Feb-17 18:21:40

Makes me smile! It's a humorous exaggeration of life's little frustrations which rings true for far too many of us...

capercaillie Tue 07-Feb-17 18:21:54

I think it's great and it makes me smile. Some good observation on parenting/relationships with a sense of humour...Seems no different to the type of conversation that I'd have with friends on a night out.

Judgy Dog is hilarious as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now