Talk

Advanced search

To just want to stay in

(13 Posts)
Mrsglitterfairy Tue 07-Feb-17 17:33:22

This is a very trivial post I know but help me out..
So it's my birthday today and was supposed to be going out with DH for a meal tonight but I don't think I can be arsed. I'm really tired and have had a stressful few days waiting to hear from work about a job that I went for. I got new bath bombs and bubbles and pjs for my birthday and really feel that i want to just get a hot bath then relax with my new pjs on, film and takeaway.
I feel that I should go out as it's my birthday but wibu staying in?

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 07-Feb-17 17:37:51

No - your birthday your choice and you get to choose which takeaway!

The80sweregreat Tue 07-Feb-17 17:38:28

Just stay in. Go out at the weekend instead!
Its your birthday and should be your day.
Happy birthday!

Mrsglitterfairy Tue 07-Feb-17 17:38:52

Oh and just to add, this isn't about DH, he doesn't really like going for meals but has said he will be happy to do whatever I want.

Mrsglitterfairy Tue 07-Feb-17 17:39:26

I went out last weekend with my friends, we had a family meal on Sunday and I'm going out with another friend tomorrow night. Maybe I should just chill tonoghg

Bringbacksummer Tue 07-Feb-17 17:39:56

Happy Birthday!!

Just stay in... that sounds like an ideal way to spend your birthday if you ask me smile

NavyandWhite Tue 07-Feb-17 17:40:58

grin what do you need convincing about then if DH isn't bothered?

SAMlady Tue 07-Feb-17 17:42:42

Definitely stay in if you feel like it.

Hold your bd night out in reserve for when you do fancy a night out - ta da you have a reason!

Mrsglitterfairy Tue 07-Feb-17 17:43:26

Haha Navy I dunno, society expecting me to go out.. feeling like now I'm 31 I need to prove I'm still young confused
I think you're all right, staying in it is. And thank you for the birthday wishes

BackforGood Tue 07-Feb-17 17:48:13

Well, if you and dh are both happy, what does it matter what a load of randoms on the internet think?

I was going to say that I have, on several occasions felt that I can't be bothered, then I've made myself, and was really glad I did, as it is nice once you get there.

NavyandWhite Tue 07-Feb-17 17:49:20

Sounds good. Bath, new pj's and a takeaway wine

raffleswinch Tue 07-Feb-17 18:09:03

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Do whatever you want! Same for any other day, just treat yourself to an extra bubbly bath. Can go out whenever you like, maybe a double celebration for you and the new job, fingers crossed!

Mrsglitterfairy Tue 07-Feb-17 20:27:22

Thank you all. It's been decided we're staying in. Got a pizza on order and about to get in a lovely bath wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now