Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to quit my job....

(9 Posts)
MrsWahlberg Tue 07-Feb-17 13:21:13

Hi...long time lurker....occasional poster...

After having my little boy I returned to work after 10months maternity leave but they changed my role, manager, team etc. Really struggled to keep up with changes that were happening on a regular basis etc so found a job and started July last year.....
I think I knew pretty instantly I'd made a mistake joining there but Ive perservered thinking it was an adjustment process I had to get used to....
It's a quite old fashioned in that they make bookings on a paper diary (4people fighting for 1 diary to book things in) its an unprofessional environment, racism, sexism you name it. (Not only have I been called chunky and been laughed in my face at (by the boss) for joining in on a conversation about running - "I'm not being funny MrsWahlberg but your no chloe madeley are you" - (I'm Not no but I run 2-3 times a week, completed half marathon last year etc so felt valid in my input in the office convo). There's was also a particularly low point when the boss suggested fingering one of the office staff on the Xmas night out....I kid you not!

My husband has told me many times to jack it in. We are comfortable and could afford it and my wages only cover my luxeries
like gym membership, mobile phone etc. But I've never not worked (apart from mat leave). And having to rely on someone else for money makes me abit uncomfortable.

But would I be unreasonable to think fuck it and hand in my notice whilst looking elsewhere for a part time job!?!

Sorry it's a long post!!!

Allthewaves Tue 07-Feb-17 13:23:04

I'd be running for bloody hills if I had a choice - sounds awful

harderandharder2breathe Tue 07-Feb-17 13:23:13

You can afford it so yanbu, you're not going to never work again by the sound of it, you'll be looking for a better job

Get out of there

thewideeyedpea Tue 07-Feb-17 13:24:38

Hell yes! If you can afford to then I'd absolutely be telling them to stick it. The boss alone sounds bloody awful. Well done on putting up with it for so long!

MrsWahlberg Tue 07-Feb-17 13:25:24

Oh god now I'm Worrying that it's quite outing and I can't edit my original post can I?

picklemepopcorn Tue 07-Feb-17 13:27:12

You can report the post and ask them to delete it. I don't think anyone would care who you are from that post' would they?
Definitely ok to walk out without a backward glance and find something else.

MrsWahlberg Tue 07-Feb-17 13:42:14

Thank you all for your responses.

I do like alot if the staff there its just extremely unprofessional....I'd hate to stay there and pick up on bad habits! (Obviously I know the difference between right and wrong and so so much is wrong)!

MrsTarzan1 Tue 07-Feb-17 13:48:12

I also think you should leave, well done staying for so long!

BarbarianMum Tue 07-Feb-17 13:51:20

How is it outing? The country's full of small taxi firms. Unless that's your real name.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now