Talk

Advanced search

To report Thames water to the police?

(84 Posts)
LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 07-Feb-17 00:10:42

Since 8pm they have been digging up my road. There are currently two men hitting concrete with a crowbar and hammer due to a burst water pipe.

They claim they have to as there's a bust pipe - this has been going on for 3 weeks with water running down our road so hardly an emergency all of a sudden.

LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 07-Feb-17 00:11:19

101 weren't interested anyway and said I have to take it up with Thames water. Ffs.

PleasantPhesant Tue 07-Feb-17 00:14:13

Yabu

Your house won't be flooded and you're not in danger hmm

What do you want the police to do? Even if they make them stop til morning there's bound to be someone in bed during the day/have babies who need to sleep in the day...it's s job that needs doing and they finally have the chance to sort as it's not an emergency!!

ShoutOutToMyEx Tue 07-Feb-17 00:14:14

We had this before Christmas. Irritating as it was I must say I didn't consider it a police matter.

Are you Battersea way? I've had a friend on FB complaining about TW digging up her street v v v early this morning.

FilmaWlintstone Tue 07-Feb-17 00:14:19

Maybe a little uncharitable of me but this did make me giggle 😂

Ohdearducks Tue 07-Feb-17 00:16:57

Have you tried Thames water? If they're working at this time of night they must have someone at the end of a phone somewhere?
I'd be pissed off too with that sort of noise this late, doubt the police would be interested though.
Have you told them to pack it in?

viques Tue 07-Feb-17 00:17:34

Well fancy that, 101 not interested in people doing their job, I suppose they made some lame excuse about needing to deal with car thefts, muggings, burglaries and domestic violence. The bastards. Why don't you email your MP? Or Piers Morgan?

LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 07-Feb-17 00:17:39

No not battersea.

Hence why I called the non emergency number PleasentPhesant.

LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 07-Feb-17 00:19:41

Yes I just yelled at them out the window and theyve stopped for now. Twats.

They were hammering a crowbar into the concrete outside my house.

I'm severely sleep deprived with young baby so I don't give a shit about people doing they jobs at stupid hours.

The leak has been running for 3 weeks bit now there's urgency to fix it at 12am?!

PleasantPhesant Tue 07-Feb-17 00:19:53

The non emergency number isn't there because TW is ripping up your road hmm.

LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 07-Feb-17 00:20:14

Thameswater closed at 6pm according to website

LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 07-Feb-17 00:21:12

So what would you do? Just listen to them hammering at concrete all night ?

AlmostAJillSandwich Tue 07-Feb-17 00:21:15

Midnight is indeed a very unsuitable time to be doing such works. If they're so busy this is the first oppertunity in 3 weeks to get out to sort it and right now is the only time available, they need to hire more people.

PleasantPhesant Tue 07-Feb-17 00:22:56

Ok.

24 hours in a day.
Tw (I assume) can't do major works at peak traffic periods so have to do it when its better for the majority.

Some jobs are more important than others.

Yours is next on the 'not important' list....

ghostspirit Tue 07-Feb-17 00:23:14

Could it be that it has to be done late at night because of the traffic?

PleasantPhesant Tue 07-Feb-17 00:23:40

And yes you'll just have to listen or ignore.

What else can you do?

Call 999?

Ohdearducks Tue 07-Feb-17 00:27:41

Have you tried this one?

ghostspirit Tue 07-Feb-17 00:28:05

I live next to a rail track and they were working on track from 1am till 4am and simlar sort of times all last week. Because a fraught train detailed.

Not water I know. But somethings have to be done at silly oclock. Hopefully it's a one off. And you can sleep well tomorrow.

Ohdearducks Tue 07-Feb-17 00:28:16

The phone times confused me though blush so might be closed

LeopardPrintSocks1 Tue 07-Feb-17 00:30:52

Thank you ducks I've got through to someone and he's trying to abort it as it's not deemed emergency. He said they've been delayed doing it but not sure why they're doing it now

PleasantPhesant Tue 07-Feb-17 00:33:27

....because now is the only chance they've had to do it.....

JassyRadlett Tue 07-Feb-17 00:35:02

Tw (I assume) can't do major works at peak traffic periods so have to do it when its better for the majority.

No one's told TW that round here. They seem to delight in peak hour roadworks.

PleasantPhesant Tue 07-Feb-17 00:36:25

I'm sure they do jassy-but they do it in the day people complain and they do repairs at night and people complain....

Ohdearducks Tue 07-Feb-17 00:39:21

If they're going to do something like this they should send someone round to post cards through residents doors warning them that noisy nightworks are needed, that way people can make other arrangements or at least be prepared to put up with noise.
They do it if water is going to be turned off for any length of time so I don't see why they can't do it in these situations. Otherwise they'll get angry residents (understandably) shouting at them through windows to do one.

ghostspirit Tue 07-Feb-17 00:55:49

Yes when they are working on the rail track near me we get cards through the door. Even when emergency.

Bit bad doing it at this time. When it's not deemed an emgency. Wonder if that's why they stopped when you shouted. Got caught out kind of feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now