Talk

Advanced search

Abroad or not...

(5 Posts)
Lostinspace132 Mon 06-Feb-17 21:03:42

I have been in a relationship with DS father, not married but living together for years. I work full time, trying to manage home life etc. I guess nothing unusual. I like my job but would like a bit of change. So, I got this opportunity to go abroad for a year or longer. My darling said that was fab and encouraged me to apply. I did. The next stage, to my surprise, An invite for an interview. Me a bit unsure (it would require lots of life changes etc) but mostly excited. So I spoke to my partner and he said that was great and that this was a great opportunity for me. He than said he would not consider going as it is too far, his mum (lives on her own in another country) would be on left on her own and it would not be fair to move far away from her. He said it was not a problem as he could visit couple times per year. I would not leave my DS in million years so I was clear he would go with me. Now when I think about it I wonder about our relationship....in my mind I didn't even consider to do this on my own, I thought it is all together thing but clearly it is not a case...I'll probably cancel the interview but this makes me sad. AIBU

Ilovecaindingle Mon 06-Feb-17 21:06:38

If i was you I would attend the interview. If you dp is putting his dm above you and his ds and not supporting your ambitions then maybe things will become clearer for you soon. Whichever way.

KatharinaRosalie Mon 06-Feb-17 21:07:13

In all honesty it sounds like he's not that interested in your relationship any more, and thinks you moving away would be an easy way to break up. If it's really an interesting opportunity, go for it.

Allthebestnamesareused Mon 06-Feb-17 21:36:23

If he is already in a different country to his mum what difference does it make if he came too?

bobberybobble Mon 06-Feb-17 21:59:48

I find if strange how you reference your DP in your post, your started with my DS father, not my Partner for one.

I might be reading too much into this though!

However is it just his DM that is stopping him? What about his career? Can he just put it on hold for a year, plus, to support you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now