Talk

Advanced search

In an ideal world when would DD/DS stop sharing a room?

(7 Posts)
early30smum Mon 06-Feb-17 20:04:08

Just that, really. Do you think siblings of opposite sexes 'should' stop sharing a room by a certain age, if possible?

Trifleorbust Mon 06-Feb-17 20:06:15

Certainly by puberty (for either of them), and if one of them becomes uncomfortable before that point.

SpackenDeDoich Mon 06-Feb-17 20:07:49

So back in the day when social housing was a thing the cut off point was 11.

BarbarianMum Mon 06-Feb-17 20:32:32

When the first one hits age 9 ideally.

Allthewaves Mon 06-Feb-17 20:34:35

I only have boys but eldest ds is 8 and in yr3 and becoming aware of differences and privacy

RedGrapeCornSnake Mon 06-Feb-17 20:41:45

Probably going to get my arse handed to me here but I have my 2 eldest still sharing at 12 (girl) and 10 (boy). Our 6 yr old is by herself.
However, they chose to stay together, and we check in with them that they are ok with it regularly. They've shared since they were 5 and 3. We've tried other combinations over the years but they all prefer this combo. Obviously if their feelings change then we'll shuffle them about

jmh740 Mon 06-Feb-17 22:12:38

My two youngest are dd9 and ds7 they have always shared. My eldest moved out about 4/5 months ago we said we would split them up now we have a spare bedroom but ds often creeps back into his old bunk bed or I have even found him cuddled up with his sister in the top bunk many times I think after sharing for so long it will take some time to adjust.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now