Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Laundry tips that aren't shit!

(8 Posts)
Starwarsorbaby Mon 06-Feb-17 14:43:55

I've enjoyed the household tip threads etc but I have specific questions and need for specific tips and advice!

We have recently bought a lovely new washing machine; it's a thing of beauty and I love it. For the first time in my life I'm taking laundry seriously. For instance, I currently have some items soaking because the dc got lunch on them. So I followed the advice in the book and soaked them in water and powder, but now what? I don't have any other washing to do (stealth boast!!) and I can't put 4 items in to wash. What do you do in this situation?

More generally, I plan to get separate tabs for whites and colours, do you also do a lights wash?

Any helpful tips?
Thanks!

PoundingTheStreets Mon 06-Feb-17 14:49:00

Are the stains out? If so, let them drip dry and return them to the laundry basket. You can then wash them properly when you have enough to make up a load.

If the stains aren't out, can you do a half load or hand wash?

I tend to soak and drip dry regardless, then use vanish stick. Works most of the time but I'm not taking responsibility for ruining your DC's clothes... grin

VioletHornswaggle Mon 06-Feb-17 14:53:32

If you have a lovely new machine, you may find that it weighs the items and does a short wash accordingly. Or go round the house and find enough for a load wink

HeyMacWey Mon 06-Feb-17 14:55:27

Put them in a rinse spin.

Creampastry Mon 06-Feb-17 14:59:11

Doesn't it have a quick wash function?

DJKKSlider Mon 06-Feb-17 14:59:35

My washer is a drier too so my tips may not ring true with everyone else's machines or experience but...

Soak whites or stained items in luke warm water with a 30ml dose of liquid and a 50ml dose of white vinegar.
Whilst they're soaking:
Put load in drum, scoop of soda crystals in drum, 50ml/of liquid in drawer, 50Ml white vinegar in softener part of draw. Quick wash 30min at 30c. When finished. Cap of Zoflora in to drum onto wet clothes. Wring whites and stained out and put in drum. Spin and drain cycle.

Open drum, anything that feels just damp or almost dry (Some materials are even dry at this point) remove and put on airer. Everything else, cotton dry cycle for 40minutes.

When done, put on airer in any room that gets the sun, we use our hall by front door.

That's my process anyway. Things come out sparkling clean and smelling lovely. Takes me about 2 hours per load. If I get anything heavily soiled or stained I find a bit of good old fashioned elbow grease works better than any machine sonill hand wash it and throw it in to dry after.

Krap Mon 06-Feb-17 15:03:03

You can't find a full loads worth? shock
All I have to do is walk from kitchen - hall - lounge and Hey Presto! A full load appears as if by magic, I don't even have to visit the bedrooms or the wash basket.

dontquotem3 Mon 06-Feb-17 15:19:32

I like the sound of your process Slider, I will try that later; especially seeing as though I have a grapefruit zoflora that smells great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now