Talk

Advanced search

Help! i am developing a genuine aversion to cleaning!

(7 Posts)
scaryclown Mon 06-Feb-17 13:48:20

I cant decide if its a motivation or genuine tiredness issue, or if.the inside tidy me is just on strike, but i am in a state where i know washing up and tidying needs to be done, that i can do it, and am annoyed by it not being done, but i am simply not doing it. It seems like such a waste of time.

What is annoying, is that now i am not tidying up, effectively i am living super minimalist..only using one cup, bowl, cutlery and pan.. but its weird. i wamt it tidy, but cant see that the time involved is worth the investment. AIBU?

HateSummer Mon 06-Feb-17 13:56:17

You know yabu.

I'm going through this right now. I've been ill with some form of a cold, cough, fever, aches for the past 2/3 months now. I'm exhausted. I'm not motivated and I feel unhappy. Today I've pulled myself together and have given the kitchen a thorough scrub and have ordered some new appliances to cheer me up. Sad. Tomorrow I may feel shit again so I'm glad I've done some jobs today.

I think you need to find some motivation to do it. We all go through times of not caring but in the long run, a clean tidy home will make you feel happier.

xStefx Mon 06-Feb-17 14:00:28

Aw OP! Im so with you. I have so many other things I would rather be doing and have noticed that a deep clean is probably required aswell as some decorating. The whole thing is bloody overwhelming me so much that I stick a film on and grab a cuppa or visit a friend instead. Really need to stop avoiding it. This is however in jest and my house isn't disgusting but gosh I do hope no one inspects my skirting!! lol

Hatesummer is correct though, we need to put our big girl rubber gloves on as my mum used to say:

Clean house.. clean girl
Dirty house.. dirty girl .. lmao that saying always made me laugh

scaryclown Mon 06-Feb-17 14:06:07

smile am actually telling myself that olden day houses must have been like this..hence the 'spring cleaning' tradition...are you sure i'm not just in tune with nature wink.

i want to pay a cleaner for a one off.. but i think it will frighten them..is there social care for people who just want to switvh off for a bit?.. shpuld be..hmmph

MouseandChops1 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:21:08

Oh my goodness, I'm the exact same at the moment. Blaming the weather though!
Today for example, upstairs needs doing badly and I'm lying on the couch. Need a good kick up the bum.

xStefx Mon 06-Feb-17 14:27:41

I would love it if there was a company in my area that did a "Big House Clean" every 3 months (yes i know im sounding really lazy now). There could even be such a company i just have never seen one advertised. I would be soo tempted. I need to make a plan and it needs to start with the kitchen and bathroom. I seem to be able to keep on top of the washing and am also a bit of a minimalist so theres never much clutter. Even my new years resolution of going to the gym didn't quite materialise.. OOPS.

Tiptoethr0ughthetulips Mon 06-Feb-17 14:48:43

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and going through exactly the same thing. I am fed up of the house being a tip but I have so little energy and motivation to sort it out. I did about an hour cleaning and ironing this morning and I've no desire to do anymore, I know I should, I'm at work tomorrow so I'll not get anything done then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now