Talk

Advanced search

To find it annoying that singing contestants seem to find it difficult to sing in tune?

(6 Posts)
SharkiraSharkira Sun 05-Feb-17 23:46:42

Was watching the Voice the other night (I know, don't judge, it was on at someone else's house!), and I think of all the people I saw singing, none of them managed to sing an entire song in tune - with the exception of possibly one guy who they didn't even turn for!

I'm no musical expert by any means but isn't being able to sing in tune one of the very basic things that someone attempting to win a record contract/win a singing based talent should be able to do?!

I know most of them are probably very nervous which must be a contributing factor to the out-of-tune'ness', but surely they should be able to get most of the notes correct? They seem to have no problem doing what I refer to as the 'wibbly bits' in a song (apparently this is called mellisima or something, its what Christina A, Whitney, Mariah etc do). Surely it doesn't matter how many extra notes you add into a song, or how impressive your range is and so on if you cant actually sing in tune? Drives me mad!

Aibu and just a misery guts or does anyone else agree?

noeffingidea Mon 06-Feb-17 00:08:26

Totally agree. Thats why I never watch these programmes. Hardly any of the contestants are anywhere near talented enough to actually survive in the music business, and it's just one massive farce.

magicstar1 Mon 06-Feb-17 00:12:18

Totally agree! It drives me mad...I'm always saying that the judges must be listening to something I can't hear. I prefer older music without all the embellishments.

OrlandaFuriosa Mon 06-Feb-17 00:14:27

Completely agree.

SharkiraSharkira Mon 06-Feb-17 00:18:24

It's so frustrating! Sometimes they will have a really nice tone or quality to their voice and you can tell that they would actually be pretty decent if they could just get the bloody notes right hmm

downwardfacingdog Mon 06-Feb-17 00:30:40

Yanbu. They were particularly bad on yesterday's voice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now