Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Too sensitive

(10 Posts)
andthedog Sun 05-Feb-17 22:38:57

I wished my sister,who I adore a happybirthday,on Facebook. Out of 22who did she has commented thanks on 19, liked 1 and ignored 2 . I'm one of the two, posted 11 hours ago, the other2 hours ago. I feel like I've done something wrong but don't know what. Yesterday I texted can my daughter drop your present round,will you be in?( 30 minutes drive there and back,) she replied not sure put over fence. I'm rubbish at social things I have no friends. Is she cross with me?

WorraLiberty Sun 05-Feb-17 22:44:48

I don't know.

Can you not phone her up and ask her?

andthedog Sun 05-Feb-17 22:51:51

No! I don't like confrontation. I want to think I'm imagining it but it seems like it's on purpose. I just wondered if it seemed that way to you.

mummymummums Sun 05-Feb-17 23:00:31

I expect the Facebook thing was an oversight, sometimes posts don't appear in right order so can be overlooked when you have a load of Birthday wishes.
The present thing seems quite rude really, but unless you think she has hump with your daughter too, most likely thoughtlessness

WorraLiberty Sun 05-Feb-17 23:02:45

It's a simple adult question

Not confrontation.

CocoLoco87 Sun 05-Feb-17 23:05:30

Maybe she wanted a text or phone call instead of / as well as a Facebook post? Texts seem more personal than a Facebook post IMO

andthedog Sun 05-Feb-17 23:17:21

Yes, good points we don't phone but often text, I should have done that. I hope it's an overnight, that's the reassurance I wanted really. I constantly think I've got something wrong and I'm not sure what. Worra thanks for comenting, I always respect your advice I'm just not as confident as you but I get what you mean.

WorraLiberty Sun 05-Feb-17 23:20:42

Ok but she's your sister and you adore her.

Just phone her and have a chat.

Sweets101 Sun 05-Feb-17 23:21:07

What's she normally like? I only like posts from people I feel obliged to and I don't really understand the etiquette if i'my honest. My sisters I don't bother it's my sister we don't need FB niceties a we can act as we wish face to face.

DontTouchTheMoustache Sun 05-Feb-17 23:26:21

Can you think of a reason.why she would be mad at you? If not you are probably reading too much into it and she is just busy because it's her birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now