Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to get wound up by instruction manuals

(5 Posts)
gggrrrargh Sun 05-Feb-17 21:10:02

I've just had a complete temper tantrum over a Tommy Tippee thermometer because I couldn't work out how to put 4 measley parts together. 4! the instructions make it look easy, I suspect it is sad

Does anyone else find it incredibly difficult to follow simple instructions for equipment? How can you get better at it? It makes me feel useless and enraged at the same time, not a good combination!

Topseyt Sun 05-Feb-17 21:15:49

I have never got on with them either.

I can usually do things like put flat packed furniture together, but rarely thanks to the instructions.

I find personally that there is no substitute for laying out the pieces and largely working it out for myself.

I have known instructions for flat packed stuff make a bed sound like rocket science.

Andrewofgg Sun 05-Feb-17 21:19:34

Remember: it's only the manufacturer's opinion on how it should be put together. And it was written in Serbo-Croat and translated into Englisgh by somebody who knew nothing of either language.

Topseyt Sun 05-Feb-17 21:21:10

Oh, and my DD2 seems better at it than I am. She has recently turned 18.

About 18 months ago I was starting to put together a new bookcase I had bought. She came up and took over. She had it done much quicker than I would have done.

gggrrrargh Sun 05-Feb-17 21:42:46

I would be positively giddy with happiness if I put together something flat packed! sadly I also had a tantrum over putting the cot together and best friend took over. My main tactic has been to ask a different person to put together each item so no one knows I've not managed one thing alone, argh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now