Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kids terrorising the pub

(9 Posts)
daffodil10 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:07:16

To be annoyed by the two little brats terrorising the pub while I'm trying to have a meal with my dh and ds. No idea where their parents are but a bloke has just nearly spilt his pint on them. Why can't people get their kids to sit at the table

wowfudge Sun 05-Feb-17 19:09:51

Complain to the staff instead of posting here! I quite agree the kids shouldn't be running around full stop.

Lilaclily Sun 05-Feb-17 19:12:08

Why are you on mumsnet if you're out with dh and ds !

daffodil10 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:14:54

Because my dh put me up to
It as he wanted to see the power of mn

Baffledonthisone Sun 05-Feb-17 19:22:21

I'd be judging you sitting on your phone out to dinner with your family and the family with the two cheeky little scamps!

grin

SheepyFun Sun 05-Feb-17 19:32:22

We know we can't get DD to sit at the table for more than 15 minutes (without bribery). Therefore we don't take her to cafes/restaurants/pubs outside family venues (soft play/zoo/petting farm). That way we're not stressed trying to get her to sit still and she's not stressed because she's sitting still/being shouted at for running around. We've decided the stress isn't worth it - though clearly the patrons near you just don't care.

Cheby Sun 05-Feb-17 19:36:46

YANBU. Kids talking or laughing, doing normal kid stuff in a pub is fine. Kids racing around knocking into people while waiters and waitresses carry hot heavy plates or stacked glasses, totally not fine.

A relative of mine ran a pub for a long while and this used to piss them off no end. She would intervene and very often parents would say 'see you have to sit down now because the lady told you to', rather than 'sit down now and behave because I told you to'. It's utterly passive, lazy parenting to let your children behave like that, they are putting the kids and other people at risk. 😡

Nomoreworkathome Sun 05-Feb-17 19:42:42

YANBU
Staff should find parents and turf them all out

WorraLiberty Sun 05-Feb-17 19:57:45

Because my dh put me up to
It as he wanted to see the power of mn

And what does he expect MN to do?

Go and have a word with the staff for him?

<< Rolls eyes >>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now