Talk

Advanced search

To get the rage... ???

(17 Posts)
Sassypants82 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:26:18

When I realise on a Sunday evening that my DH has eaten the majority of the treats for both of us, FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK, purchased on Friday evening?? How greedy can you be? He stays up after me at night & obviously has a right little party & then there's nothing nice for the whole week. So annoying. I'm thinking about getting a box each & dividing everything after its bought. He's not even slightly overweight either. Thinking of LTB.

foxyloxy78 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:28:50

Lol. Hide some of the stash for you.

Rumtopf Sun 05-Feb-17 18:31:21

Definitely hide some. My favourite places are at the back of the salad drawer or in the cupboard inside the food processor bowl.

DustyBustle Sun 05-Feb-17 18:31:43

Yeah, hide the good stuff at least.

My husband will ask how long 'til dinner? And if it's any more than 10 mins he'll grab a bag of crisps.

Then wonders why he can't shift the excess 3 stone.

I might have to kill him.

Baffledonthisone Sun 05-Feb-17 18:33:13

Hide it all AND LTB just in case...

lalalalyra Sun 05-Feb-17 18:34:30

Get boxes. We have treat boxes each here. Mainly to stop me eating the kids' crisps and my 8yo eating every orange in the house in one go. Filled once a week. Can eat whatever whenever as long as you don't ruin your dinner. Once it's gone it's gone. Serious consequences for taking something from someone else's box.

Alternatively LTB.

ItsyBitsyBikini Sun 05-Feb-17 18:37:10

I always hide my snacks. We have a Crisps box in a cupboard, the chocolate goes right at the bottom underneath the forgotten Crisps that never get eaten. Anything I actively want for myself goes in my bedside drawer!

We're not overweight but could do with losing some extra pounds but Dp is a grazer, will come in and think nothing of eating a bag of Crisps, tea, then a chocolate bar and a yogurt and by Tuesday (after doing a Sunday shop) all the treats are gone

SecretLimonadeDrinker Sun 05-Feb-17 18:41:27

Separate treat boxes here too!

ManaFleet Sun 05-Feb-17 18:42:11

Separate treat boxes... genius. Why have I not heard of this before? Just brilliant.

yorkshapudding Sun 05-Feb-17 18:42:55

LTB.

Alternatively, start hiding stuff. I have a stash of emergency 'naice' chocolate in the drawer of my bedside table.

dudsville Sun 05-Feb-17 18:44:02

Ha! We like some of the same things but mostly OH likes to have more treats than I do. He's stick thin and I'm not, so I'm happy if he's munched through all the treats!

Allthebestnamesareused Sun 05-Feb-17 18:49:45

Secret stashed - managed to hide chocolate for weeks in a Fruit and Fibre cereal box on the shelf with other cereal boxes😂 Until discovered. Now the secret place is in the baking tins cupboard under muffin tin!

Sassypants82 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:03:17

Loving the stash ideas. Individual boxes are also a likely solution. I'm 8 months pregnant so not feeling very generous. It may still come to LTB, depending on stock levels later in the week. grin

justilou Mon 06-Feb-17 07:07:43

I have seen a photo (but I can't find it) where someone hides treats from her male flatmates in empty feminine hygiene boxes.

Walkacrossthesand Mon 06-Feb-17 07:12:53

Under the kitchen sink among the cleaning products was my hiding place (when I was the only adult in the house, with teens) - very small chance of them searching that cupboard! grin

Trifleorbust Mon 06-Feb-17 07:53:47

I love my treats but DH can eat what he likes. I will get more.

RhiWrites Thu 09-Feb-17 17:43:54

Use individual boxes. If he can't respect that you have bigger problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now