Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your treadmill recommendations?

(9 Posts)
Singasongofjoy Sun 05-Feb-17 16:43:07

Living in a v large bedroom in a flatshare right now, and would be keen to get a treadmill to encourage me to exercise more. Anyone have any good recommendations? I would buy a sound reducing mat too to lessen noise/disturbance. Would also appreciate advice on whether this is feasible! (Or I can just join a gym!)

Singasongofjoy Sun 05-Feb-17 16:43:16

Budget max. 350 or so

calicocat88 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:32:39

I wouldn't bother with a treadmill- you can pop out for a quick run.I'd get one of those cross trainer things If you've not run before this would be better for you as you would be less impact and likelihood of injury- oh and it wouldn't make as much noise as a treadmill!

Tubbyinthehottub Sun 05-Feb-17 18:46:48

Are you on the ground floor? I have one that cost £800 or £900 and I wouldn't like anything more flimsy. And i make a right noise on it, I'd be worried in a flat!

calicocat88 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:47:35

oops- excuse the missing punctuation; my keyboard is dodgy!

Downtheroadfirstonleft Sun 05-Feb-17 20:31:11

I bought a Nordic one for just under £1k. It's fine, but I wouldn't want anything flimsier (though I'm a hefalump). Maybe try a cross trainer? A skipping rope gives an incredible workout for a tiny price (but hard!).

MGFM Sun 05-Feb-17 20:34:20

I have just bought a spinning bike - quiet and really sturdy. Would def recommend - and not as bulky as a treadmill

Bette85 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:12:21

I'm sure I've seen somewhere where you can rent gym equipment so that you can try it out and decide if you want to buy it.

TaraCarter Sun 05-Feb-17 21:21:56

If you're on a budget, I have noticed that the bigger kinds of charity shop that sell large furniture have gluts of treadmills around February. Just saying...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now