Talk

Advanced search

To expect fitted sheets to fit?

(28 Posts)
Madmama10 Sun 05-Feb-17 11:41:44

As above. If I am not, please direct me as to where I can buy some that do before I lose the will to live!

skinoncustard Sun 05-Feb-17 11:47:40

Dunelm 32cm deep fitted sheets do it for me smile

Euphemia Sun 05-Feb-17 11:48:39

Yes you need the deep ones.

Sunnyshores Sun 05-Feb-17 11:51:48

John Lewis do standard fit and deep fit - assuming your bed is a normal size double/king/queen whatever.

user1484394242 Sun 05-Feb-17 12:03:39

Depends where you got your mattress. For example, if you got the mattress at Ikea, you'll need Ikea sheets.

Madmama10 Sun 05-Feb-17 12:04:50

Got mine from Dunhelm the deep dearest ones and I still struggle. We do have deep mattresses though confused

winniewigs Sun 05-Feb-17 12:15:32

I got an expensive fitted sheet from Dunelms, (it probably wasn't, but it was expensive by my standards), from their hotel range. It's a real stretch to get it over our bog standard, cheap double mattress. I bought a cheap but lovely fitted sheet from Asda, brushed cotton with snowflakes all over, and it fits perfectly.

OurBlanche Sun 05-Feb-17 12:49:54

I ended up on Amazon buying the deepest I could find. Dunelm, Lewis's etc stopped short of a sheet that fits!

But I did find some with very very deep 'boxes' in all sorts of colours in good weight cotton for a decent price on Amazon.

StarryIllusion Sun 05-Feb-17 12:51:03

I get wilko deep fit. My mattress is huge.

NovaArt3mis Sun 05-Feb-17 12:52:34

We have a very deep superking mattress and tkmaxx seems to do the trick for us.

user1471537877 Sun 05-Feb-17 12:54:10

I have a dirty little secret, Wilko's!

I like luxury bedding, hotel standard and fitted sheets that stay put. A few months ago I came across some reviews that pointed me in their direction

Sure enough they were wonderfully soft, wash beautifully and the fitted sheet stays put! Best of all they are premium quality for not premium price grin

Oldraver Sun 05-Feb-17 12:54:29

I've just bought a fitted sheet from Christy...my mattress isn't huge but there is lots of tuck in. DS has the best brushed cotton ones form Dunelm and a deep mattress and they struggle to fit.

Or you could get flat sheets

ClopySow Sun 05-Feb-17 12:55:14

John lewis

Frouby Sun 05-Feb-17 12:58:41

I am considering buying king size sheets for a double bed next time.

I currently have some expensive H of F ones on our bed. The extra deep fitting ones. I have to lift the corner of the mattress up, hoick it around and then sit on it to flatten it out.

It gives me the rage.

gamerchick Sun 05-Feb-17 12:59:13

I just go a size up. Gave up that battle a while back.

OurBlanche Sun 05-Feb-17 12:59:22

The Wilko deep one is 35cm... didn't fit mine, even though the online advice said it should!

The ones I found on Amazon are 16"/40cm deep.

Sung Sun 05-Feb-17 13:36:36

I need deep fitted sheets for all but one of my beds.

Apart from the standard/deep thing - I did buy a luxury fitted sheet in TKMaxx a few weeks ago that wouldn't fit on a standard single mattress at all - by a long way...no wonder it was discounted so much - it was unusable. Back to JL!

MatildaTheCat Sun 05-Feb-17 13:40:11

No advice but so happy to hear others share my pain. Deep super King mattress plus fat topper equals sheet coming loose every night. I dream of smooth, unwrinkled sheets in smooth pure cotton. JL hasn't delivered on this.

Are the Amazon and Wilkos ones deeper?

AnneOfCleavage Sun 05-Feb-17 13:43:55

Have deep fitted ones from John Lewis and I struggle every time. I don't tumble dry and only wash at 40 degrees do no idea why they stopped fitting well after a couple of washes. We don't even have super deep mattresses confused

AnneOfCleavage Sun 05-Feb-17 13:44:36

* so no idea

OurBlanche Sun 05-Feb-17 13:48:29

The Amazon 16"/40cm ones definitely are deeper than the 'deep' JL ones. 36cm were the deepest I found in a shop.

SloanePeterson Sun 05-Feb-17 13:48:37

If you have a tk maxx near you, look for Frette sheets. Usually super expensive but I've bought several deep superking size fitted sheets for about £17. They're absolutely huge, the only sheets I've found that aren't stretched tight over our bed, and are still a good size after lots of times through the washing machine and tumble dryer.

OurBlanche Sun 05-Feb-17 13:49:41

Oh.. and I gave a fat topper too. I now love my flat, wrinkle free beds. Couldn't stand the tension smile

Madmama10 Sun 05-Feb-17 14:05:26

Thanks for sharing your advice/pain. We are hoping at some point get a bigger bed so I will have to keep fighting the fight for now but I do now have hope of a better future. grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 05-Feb-17 14:06:56

Viceroy on line. They supply hotels. Been very happy with my purchases.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now