Talk

Advanced search

The price of chalets at Butlins!

(15 Posts)
malificent7 Sun 05-Feb-17 08:57:45

Over a grand for a weekend!! I could go to Spain for a fortnight on that.

Centre Parks is also extortionate.
Are these things worth it?

winniewigs Sun 05-Feb-17 09:02:05

No, you'd probably have a better time in Spain. We have been to Butlins on cheap deals. No way would we pay over £400 for it, and that was Monday to Friday, half board.

Chattymummyhere Sun 05-Feb-17 09:03:12

Depends on what you want from a holiday, age of children etc.

Personally I find it way too jammed and struggle to even do a day visit but the kids love the pool, fair ground etc

travailtotravel Sun 05-Feb-17 09:11:53

Depends on the dates you look at.

CalorieCreditEqualsCake Sun 05-Feb-17 09:22:30

You need to book at Butlins.

We went camping once and got a day ticket to Butlins, we bought our holiday for the following year. It's was £400 Monday to Friday.

I also wouldn't pay more than that either.

CalorieCreditEqualsCake Sun 05-Feb-17 09:22:44

And that's always during the summe holidays.

allowlsthinkalot Sun 05-Feb-17 09:47:33

You need to look at the sun holidays. Don't buy the newspaper just get the codes online.

Happinessisthis Sun 05-Feb-17 09:53:53

Do the caravans. On site and a lot cheaper and they are huge and really nice inside.

Babyroobs Sun 05-Feb-17 09:59:16

I wouldn't pay that to go to Butlins even with young kids. I've been a couple of times and wasn't impressed. Try one of the better Haven sites or something like Alton Towers resort, unless you particularly want to be by the sea.

Babyroobs Sun 05-Feb-17 10:02:29

if you are anywhere near staffordshire then Alton Towers resort is good and you can often get good deals on Groupon. The splash landings pool / hotel / restaurant is good and there is crazy golf and you can get passes included in the deal to get into the theme park. Likewise places like Drayton manor have a hotel I think but not sure about a pool.

EdenX Sun 05-Feb-17 10:05:19

Is that for the fancy new chalets? We've always found the self catering apartments, or rooms with half board fine.

RainbowsAndUnicorn Sun 05-Feb-17 10:28:32

Centre Parcs is lovely and there is a lot to do, not always worth the money though compared to going abroad for the weather.

I did Butlins once with friends and never ever again.

PovertyJetset Sun 05-Feb-17 10:28:50

OP where you going to in span for that??grin

KC225 Sun 05-Feb-17 10:49:14

We went to the BOGNOR one with day passes when it had just re opened for the season last year. It was awful. The walls of the entrance to the swimming pool were caked in grime and the carpets stained. We met a couple who had booked for a week and they were going home early.

SilverMachine Sun 05-Feb-17 17:01:31

We go to a British holiday park every year and have been to Butlins once.

I think it really depends what you want out of the holiday. If you are planning to stay on the holiday park then Butlins is great for entertainment, activities and kids clubs, especially for younger kids. We prefer to go off site and explore the local area so found it very expensive and not worth it for us.

As for Centerparcs, we've never been as I couldn't justify the cost shock We are looking to pay £650 for a week in Cornwall. A week at Centerparcs would cost us another £1000 on top!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now