Talk

Advanced search

To think that Dr Who plot lines have become real life

(9 Posts)
liberia03 Sun 05-Feb-17 07:59:18

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J2BD1qnqwM
and BBC news story.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38852020?post_id=564486610411547_564487590411449#_=
^A woman who has been married to a British man for 27 years is being held in a Scottish detention centre prior to deportation.
Irene Clennel is originally from Singapore and has two British sons and a granddaughter.
She lives with her husband John in County Durham and was detained at a routine appointment at an immigration reporting centre in Middlesbrough.
The Home Office has said it does not comment on individual cases.
Mrs Clennel was given indefinite leave to remain in the UK after her marriage.
But periods spent back in Singapore caring for her elderly parents appear to have invalidated her residential status.
She said she has made repeated attempts - both in Singapore and back in the UK - to re-apply for permission to live with her husband^

Robstersgirl Sun 05-Feb-17 11:23:07

Trump reminds me of the master!

GeekyWombat Sun 05-Feb-17 11:27:12

Trump is not clever enough to be The Master...

Robstersgirl Sun 05-Feb-17 12:51:46

I hear you.

colaflower Sun 05-Feb-17 14:37:00

Can we start spreading the rumour that Theresa May is looking tired?

RoseDeGambrinus Sun 05-Feb-17 14:45:20

I was watching old Dr Who the other night for some light-hearted escapism - but it was the one where Harold Saxon has just won the election. Not so escapist!

liberia03 Sun 05-Feb-17 15:41:45

In the clip, lovely old Bernard Cribbins says 'not again' as the neighbours are carted off, and it just seemed like this poor lady who's been locked up, even though she's been here for 27years and has grand children,children and a sick husband to care for.
But loads of films and books seem to be like what's happening now; hunger games etc.
I'm not up to date on all the Dr Who's, but really like the early ones.
Is Harold Claxon like Trump? Thanks

Zaphodsotherhead Sun 05-Feb-17 15:43:25

LOL at David Tennent era Doctor Who being referred to as 'the early ones'...

Robstersgirl Sun 05-Feb-17 16:07:26

Well Saxon and Trump both have pretty wives that don't seem to like them very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now