Talk

Advanced search

To removed the last roll of toilet roll and hide it for personal use?

(29 Posts)
MaureenMLove Sat 04-Feb-17 22:51:09

I bought a pack of 12 at the supermarket earlier and put them on the stairs for taking up, next time someone went that way. They're still there. Funny that!

Seems both DH and DD have broken arms and are incapable of carrying anything with them when they go upstairs!

Hope neither of them are caught short in the middle of the night! grin

TheColourIsZebra Sat 04-Feb-17 22:54:37

Why wouldn't you just take them upstairs?

Bluntness100 Sat 04-Feb-17 22:55:05

I just take them up to be fair, it does not really bother me.

However, my husband dropped a golf tee on the stairs the other day and I left it for a week, before shouting at him "WTAF is wrong with you, I left that there to see how long it would take for you to pick it up, it's been a week"

He looked at me all confused and genuinely said " but I might use it again" .

🙄🙄🙄

mintthins Sat 04-Feb-17 22:56:38

Yanbu

fuzzywuzzy Sat 04-Feb-17 22:57:37

Do it

DJBaggySmalls Sat 04-Feb-17 22:58:40

You mean you dont do this anyway? I also have a stash of clean towels. and biscuits.

AliceInUnderpants Sat 04-Feb-17 22:59:16

Have you not gone past then?

ErrolTheDragon Sat 04-Feb-17 23:05:28

Why wouldn't you just take them upstairs?

I would imagine, because she's pissed off that the other people in her household either think its her job or they think loo rolls can magically levitate.

MaureenMLove Sat 04-Feb-17 23:13:53

Thank you. Yes, I could take them up, but I listened and saw the pair of them go upstairs at least half a dozen times after I put them there, but they just left them! I can't be arsed now. I've got toilet roll, I don't need them!

thisgirlrides Sat 04-Feb-17 23:21:02

This drives me bananas as my family all walk past things on the stairs that clearly need taking up and it's sheer bloody laziness combined with thoughtlessness IMO. And yes, I do end up either nagging or accepting that it's just easier to do some things myself hmm

fredafortycoats Sat 04-Feb-17 23:29:48

I think you live in my house.only the magic fairies take everything upstairs or replace anything magically😩

Maryann1975 Sat 04-Feb-17 23:33:26

My family all do this. This afternoon I had stacked loads of stuff on the bottom two steps that all needed taking upstairs, all 3dc and dh had all just climbed over it all. Ds came down the stairs, managed to stand on something, hurt his foot and blamed me. I refuse to take any responsibility for this. If they all took their crap upstairs when they had finished with it or took it up when I've put it on the stairs, there wouldn't be any problem.
Op, if you find the answer to this problem, please let me know.

Mynestisfullofempty Sat 04-Feb-17 23:34:44

OP you're being very childish and playing games. Either say to your DH and DD "Next time you're going upstairs will you take the loo roll with you please?" or do it yourself the next time you go upstairs. That's all that's needed. No need for further thought nor a thread on MN.

Oldraver Sat 04-Feb-17 23:36:28

I've appointed my DS toilet roll fairy... he does a good job

AnUtterIdiot Sat 04-Feb-17 23:38:30

I see why you want to, OP, but I know I would then forget to take my special loo roll with me and end up stranded on the loo

foxyloxy78 Sat 04-Feb-17 23:40:16

It's not just mums job to take stuff upstairs. My pet hate is when people don't change the loo roll after its finished and leave the empty roll in the holder.

BitOutOfPractice Sat 04-Feb-17 23:43:27

I expect everyone to take their own stuff up the stairs if I leave it on the stairs.

I occasionally scream announce an "if it's on the stairs for three days it goes in the bin" rule

HemanOrSheRa Sat 04-Feb-17 23:53:03

Oooo this is like the Supermarket Bag of Toiletries stand off of a couple of years ago. Stand by your guns OP.

Mynest if everyone did that MN would cease to exist sad.

BarbarianMum Sun 05-Feb-17 10:10:12

Mynest do you think the OP' s husband doesn't understand that the loo roll is sitting on the stairs waiting to go up?

NavyandWhite Sun 05-Feb-17 10:18:01

Couldn't be doing with 12 toilet rolls sitting on the stairs. I'd have just moved them myself personally.

SpongebobRoundPants Sun 05-Feb-17 10:20:09

Line them up and put them on his side of the bed under the fitted sheet.

MuddyMoose Sun 05-Feb-17 10:20:36

I think some people have missed the lighthearted annoyance of the OPs thread...

penguincrumble Sun 05-Feb-17 10:24:11

Same in this house except DH actually gets annoyed with me that I leave things on the stairs instead of taking them up straight away. WTAF. Apart from anything else I have two pre schoolers who would either cry or try to follow me angry

KathArtic Sun 05-Feb-17 10:34:03

OP you're being very childish and playing games. hmm

My loo roll cupboard is downstairs so will I pop a handfull of rolls on the stairs for the next person to take up. My DDs are great and will even neatly arrange them in an artistic pyramid for me on the shelf grin

PenelopeFlintstone Sun 05-Feb-17 10:39:49

Not childish. They are childish to not think it's their responsibility too. Today I hid my hairbrush from my daughter; it did feel a bit drastic but she has at least four in her very messy room and is constantly adding mine to them, and then I have to search her room for mine. Maddening! My point is that sometimes we just feel a need to do these things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now