Talk

Advanced search

To feel I've finished with drinking

(34 Posts)
dontbesillyhenry Sat 04-Feb-17 20:53:31

Been out for drinks today..found it quite frankly boring, expensive and felt sick very quickly. Hate the massive queues and the whole going out scene. I'm only early thirties ffs. Anyone else just feel finished with that part of their life? What do you do for fun instead?

Baffledonthisone Sat 04-Feb-17 20:58:39

Are you boozie? grin

dontbesillyhenry Sat 04-Feb-17 21:04:12

What does boozie mean? Drunk? No not really although I've spent so much I should be shit faced and am only moderately drunk and feel poorly

Baffledonthisone Sat 04-Feb-17 21:12:47

I stopped when the bad times out weighed the good. I stop most things for that reason.

(A good rule for living really!)

Bubblysqueak Sat 04-Feb-17 21:14:19

I've decided to stop. Although I don't tend to drink much anyway. I'm 30 and have decided I don't actually like being drunk or hungover anymore.

DesolateWaist Sat 04-Feb-17 21:14:41

No, stop home.
The fact that all this going out and getting pissed carry on is all bollocks comes to us all eventually.

I still drink but I prefer my lovely quiet local.

Lucked Sat 04-Feb-17 21:14:49

I enjoy alcohol with food and perhaps one or two after dinner drinks but going it drinking? Nope.

AndShesGone Sat 04-Feb-17 21:17:25

I actually like drinking a very few times a year, maybe once or twice it hits the sweet spot.

The rest of the time I can only manage a glass or two of red wine without feeling tired and ready for bed.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sat 04-Feb-17 21:18:12

I stopped just after I turned 50. Too little made me angry, too much made me ill.

Couple of exceptions are unsulphited reds, Speyside malts and strangely enough, Pernod.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 04-Feb-17 21:18:21

I've stopped, did DJ and felt absolutely terrific so haven't started again and plan on staying teetotal for the foreseeable future.

LordPercy Sat 04-Feb-17 21:19:03

Never was a huge drinker but completely lost the taste for it in summer 2015. Lost my dad shortly afterwards and still didn't feel the urge to drink. I blame my age mid 40's

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Sat 04-Feb-17 21:20:19

I've not been out much in the last 8 years. It always shocks me how much it costs on the occasions I go out. I'm a lightweight anyway, and the thought of being a hungover human trampoline the next day gives me lots of self discipline.

I miss the days of all drinks £1 in the union. Getting drunk was fun and affordable. Happy days wine

doubledecker1986 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:20:23

I used to love going out, or so I thought, getting dressed up, hair, makeup etc and really making an effort. Dancing all night, laughing, having an absolute ball.

I realised recently, I'm getting bored of it, and I actually hate getting towards the end of the night, stood freezing cold in the middle of the night outside a takeaway desperately trying to flag down a taxi, getting home a couple of hours before I would normally get up for the day, having a terrible hangover and being over tired, wasting my Sunday lounging around feeling sorry for myself.

I don't mind going for a meal and cocktails, home by say midnight, but full blown nights out, I just can't be arsed anymore!

uncoolnn Sat 04-Feb-17 21:20:49

Haha. I'm only 23 and I couldn't think of anything worse than being out drinking tonight. I'm sat in my PJ's with a cup of tea, although I am working tomorrow.

I don't mind going out drinking (very) occasionally but as a rule.. I feel you!

Trainspotting1984 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:22:12

Don't think it's drink per sae. Going out to shit places with massive queues is hugely boring in your 30s. Go somewhere cool and exciting or drink delicious wine or cocktails at home. It's not the booze, it's your social life grin

Trainspotting1984 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:23:16

Also: waiting round in the cold for taxis isn't fun at any age. Just enjoy yourselves and do what you want not what the people with you do

dontbesillyhenry Sat 04-Feb-17 21:23:54

I like a drink at home. You can listen to your own music mix as much drink as you want and go to bed when you please- there's no down sides

Trainspotting1984 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:24:32

There are no downsides! Winning life Op wine

Deadsouls Sat 04-Feb-17 21:26:12

YANBU I stopped drinking at 29. Being around pissed people is tedious.

tobecontinued2000 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:28:25

I don't drink that much, weddings and things usually which is maybe once a year.

I haven't been out drinking since my mid 20s and I plan on keeping it that way.

I hate being hungover and I'm an arsehole when I'm drunk and do stupid embarrassing things and have the "fear" the next day.

Topseyt Sat 04-Feb-17 21:33:35

I am 50 now and for the last few years I have really lost most of my interest in alcohol. I guess I was never really a huge drinker anyway.

I am not particularly into going out. I prefer being a boring old fart and staying in to either watch TV or read. Crowded bars, pubs and clubs are my idea of hell.

ssd Sat 04-Feb-17 21:37:08

every Saturday night I say to dh "thank god we dont drink", I love the thought of going out but the reality is I cant be bothered

NotMyPenguin Sat 04-Feb-17 21:37:52

Yes! I find it so boring now. When I go out I drink lime & soda. And if I'm not having fun, it's probably that I'm not hanging out with people I really get on with.

ssd Sat 04-Feb-17 21:38:00

topseyt, am exactly the same

PickAChew Sat 04-Feb-17 21:38:13

I've never really loved bars. I like a nice pub selling interesting beer, but it's so long since I've had a chance to go to one of those so sit and drink and natter (or not) that the whole scene has changed to a point where there's not much of that, any more, and most push food, first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now