Talk

Advanced search

To email new employer just to "check in"

(7 Posts)
NapQueen Sat 04-Feb-17 14:19:27

I have a 7 week leave period at my current job before I can start the new one. But it just feels odd not to at least be in communication with them. I received (and returned) my contract, but should I "check in" with them at all?

PenCreed Sat 04-Feb-17 14:49:58

My employer encourages managers to get in touch with new staff in this period. A couple of us came in the week before we started for a chat and a quick "hello!" with the rest of the team. Contacting them to check in seems reasonable to me, at worst it will only look super keen.

Megatherium Sat 04-Feb-17 14:53:37

You could maybe ask if there is anything in the way of, say, staff handbooks, or other material related to the job you will be doing that you can usefully go through before you start.

Mulberry72 Sat 04-Feb-17 14:55:42

My DH is starting a new role in 4 weeks, he's already arranged to meet his fellow managers and a couple of his reports for coffee/chat etc.

I'd say definitely get in touch.

SquinkiesRule Sat 04-Feb-17 15:02:49

I start my new job in 4 weeks, I went in for a tour on Friday and did all the paperwork side of things.
Call and ask if they needed anything else from you and can you pop by for a tour.

FindoGask Sat 04-Feb-17 15:03:50

Absolutely - can't hurt and will ease your nerves if nothing else.

NapQueen Sat 04-Feb-17 16:20:38

Excellent thanks!

It's "just" an admin job, but agreed at best it'll look super keen grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now