Talk

Advanced search

To ask advice on late thank you?

(6 Posts)
Singasongofsadness Sat 04-Feb-17 12:43:58

Received a bday card about two and a half weeks ago from my aunt and uncle, with a cheque inside. I've been having a hard time at work and struggling with anxiety and to my utter shame haven't thanked them for it yet. I would like to know how I can put things right? I am thinking of sending a thank you card to arrive on Monday (and apologise for the delay) then following up with a call to thank them personally. I feel horrible though - I put things off when I'm nervous/scared and it's awful

BigcatLittlecat Sat 04-Feb-17 12:45:56

I would phone today! Just say you are calling to thank them for their generous present and then carry on the conversation.

SparklyLeprechaun Sat 04-Feb-17 12:47:15

Just give them a call today and say thank you and explain you've been busy? I wouldn't send a thank you card at all.

EustaceClarenceScrubb Sat 04-Feb-17 12:47:24

I really don't think 2 1/2 weeks is a long time, maybe 2 1/2 months would be, but I would just thank them as normal without making any reference to being late, I certainly would not consider that you were!

pasturesgreen Sat 04-Feb-17 12:49:31

It's fine, call them today as others have said!

SpookyPotato Sat 04-Feb-17 13:28:08

It's really not a big deal, just call or text today to say thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now