Advanced search

To be FURIOUS

(50 Posts)
SmileEachDay Sat 04-Feb-17 08:54:58

..about the childlock on Lidl bleach.

Can't make it open,

<fume> flipping health and safety.

mumonashoestring Sat 04-Feb-17 08:59:17

Fair enough. As long as I'm allowed to be positively incensed that Huggies wet wipes need two hands, teeth, possibly tongs and a fucking steak knife to be coaxed outs of the packet and separated when you've a bucket in one hand and a vomiting child to calm and clean up. Clingy little wankers.

Gwenci Sat 04-Feb-17 09:07:37

clingy little wankers

grin

That describes both Huggies wipes and my two small children.

PurpleDaisies Sat 04-Feb-17 09:10:42

You're not unreasonable at all. I had to return some mr muscle sink and plug hole unblocked because no one (me, dh or four friends we had round for lunch) could get into it. I think it was faulty.

I was more furious when the stopper of a new bottle of sipsmiths gin wouldn't come out and I had to go without until I could return it.

sphinxster Sat 04-Feb-17 09:11:38

Huggies wipes are the worst. I'm not surprised they're always on special offer - if only I could stop buying them!

KeiraH Sat 04-Feb-17 09:11:44

Yessss to the Huggies! I feel your pain. Coaxing them out of the packet requires skills that I just don't possess

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Feb-17 09:12:26

Oh yes getting a wipe out of the pack when you've pulled out the last "sticky up" one. I end up ripping a small hole in the next one and using that as the edge to grab

Littlelegs19 Sat 04-Feb-17 09:17:17

I couldn't agree more about the Huggins wipes! Bloomin things!
But what annoys me more are the pampers wipes! It even says on the packet, something along the lines of 'now only 1 at a time' really? Have they tried it themselves?! I end up with a handful that could pass as a Pom Pom! 😡😡

DontTouchTheMoustache Sat 04-Feb-17 09:20:34

The only wipes that actually come out easily and one at a time are the asda little angels ones. All the rest are gobshites.

AshesandDust Sat 04-Feb-17 09:29:21

And it's not just Lidl - trying to open ASDA bleach is bloody infuriating.
On a side issue I found my DH trying to prise the lid off a tinned steak pie with a great big hacksaw and mole grips yesterday. confused

On the plus side I just found out what those scissors with serrated edges between the handles are good for - they open water bottle tops a treat.

CigarsofthePharoahs Sat 04-Feb-17 09:31:47

Does anyone remember those sodding pill bottles with the arrows you had to line up? Just what you need when you have a migraine and can't focus properly and you NEED aspirin. Now it's all blister packs, which sometimes result in me pinging medicine across the room, breaking it or accidentally swallowing it with the foil still attached. I sometimes wonder how I'm still alive.

CheckpointCharlie2 Sat 04-Feb-17 09:35:15

cigars grin

howabout Sat 04-Feb-17 09:35:22

YANBU. Whole page of warnings on the dangers of spilling the stuff and no prospect of opening it without spilling it everywhere.

I was defeated by the Calpol bottle last week and had to get the sick child to open it for me. I am not 7 - I need help.

Deathraystare Sat 04-Feb-17 09:55:52

Pisses me right off - all those child lock things. But I remember my friend cursing because she could not open a cupboard with a child lock on. Her (then) little son moved her aside and calmly showed her how!

liz70 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:01:47

"I was more furious when the stopper of a new bottle of sipsmiths gin wouldn't come out and I had to go without until I could return it."

Smash the bottle and sieve any shards out?
<desperate> <tragic> <alkie>

Olympiathequeen Sat 04-Feb-17 10:06:00

I managed the mr muscle sink unblocked which amazed me as I usually hand the bastard bottles of bleach to DH to open.

iloveeverykindofcat Sat 04-Feb-17 10:15:07

The pharmacist gives me pills for a condition that affects co-ordination and dexterity in a childproof bottle.

I've asked them to stop but they said it's the law or something hmm

Allthewaves Sat 04-Feb-17 10:21:48

You can ask for them to put them in a pill organiser type thing.

celeste84 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:29:37

Horray for the toilet germs. No bleach tsunami for them today then grin

SmileEachDay Sat 04-Feb-17 10:39:59

Why are things so bastard HARD?

I still gav

SmileEachDay Sat 04-Feb-17 10:40:50

..oops

..haven't opened it and now I don't know where you put full bottles of bleach in terms of recycling 😩😩😩

celeste84 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:43:03

There should be little pads on the lid, you push them then twist the lid. You can do it!!

SmileEachDay Sat 04-Feb-17 10:44:33

No, celeste I can't.

No pads.

Just a lid that has been welded on, some new thread veins and a 5 year old asking why I'm talking about ducks under my breath.

celeste84 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:48:06

post a picture of this lid. Let me have a look at it for you confused

celeste84 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:48:38

Toilet germs must be laughing at you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now