Talk

Advanced search

David Beckham's leaked emails

(588 Posts)
parrots Sat 04-Feb-17 08:53:11

I thought he came across rather well on Desert Island disks the other day, but AIBU to be glad that DB has been exposed?

I've always regarded the Beckhams as a textbook example of much that's wrong with our celeb-culture, accumulating vast wealth and renown on the coat-tails of very mediocre talent.

Now it seems the charitable work was all in aid of securing a knighthood.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4190152/Hackers-release-tranche-Beckham-s-personal-emails.html

Creampastry Sat 04-Feb-17 08:56:58

Not quite the nice guy now..

SuffolkBumkin Sat 04-Feb-17 09:01:06

It doesnt sound like something he would say tbh. I know he done an awful lot for the families of Jessica and Holly and didn't bleat about it. Might have to take this one with a pinch of salt.

SloanyAnne Sat 04-Feb-17 09:02:11

Would have David. It's would have. Sigh.

WhereTheFuckIsMyFuckingCoat Sat 04-Feb-17 09:02:53

What a crock of shit. Seems made up to discredit him. And I don't even particularly like him.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 04-Feb-17 09:03:06

Well, he did always come across as a bit too perfect this would make alot of dense. These darker undertones.

Didn't his mother teach him that you don't give to receive

Cosmicglitterpug Sat 04-Feb-17 09:03:10

Not sure I believe this.

WhaddaPalaver Sat 04-Feb-17 09:05:14

I've only skimmed the article but I agree with him, it's his fucking money.

We all help others for various reasons and I suspect many of us have our moments of being fed up.

Does the end ever justify the means? I'd say in this case it seems like it does.

Am not a Beckham fan BTW. Just saying that I don't think he's suddenly an awful person.

HighbrowEyebrow Sat 04-Feb-17 09:05:46

Bizarre....

Even if true, why would anyone care about knighthoods?

WhaddaPalaver Sat 04-Feb-17 09:06:00

And yy nothing to say that it's even true.

BillSykesDog Sat 04-Feb-17 09:06:24

I suspect this is probably a blackmail plot and don't think it's a particularly reliable source.

Crunchymum Sat 04-Feb-17 09:06:34

Absolute bull crap. And I cannot abide the Beckhams

elodie2000 Sat 04-Feb-17 09:06:52

What a load of Daily fail rubbish.
So he 'allegedly' said this and that did he? ... Are people really stupid enough to believe this stuff?

DonkeyOaty Sat 04-Feb-17 09:07:03

Unicef ambassador since 2005. Knighthood 2017. I don't know, that's an awfully long time to be doing charity work for on the off chance you'll get to wear best gear for Queenie.

FrogletinaBallerina Sat 04-Feb-17 09:10:11

It's not just a DM story - a site called Football Leaks has somehow (hacked?) got hold of emails between DB and his publicist.

The comments he made about Katherine Jenkins getting an honour did make me laugh though.

sooperdooper Sat 04-Feb-17 09:10:17

I agree with WhaddaPalaver, it IS his money and its up to him whether or not he gives it to charity, don't believe most of it from the DM anyway

MargotMoon Sat 04-Feb-17 09:10:38

What a lot of tosh.

Chattymummyhere Sat 04-Feb-17 09:11:19

I don't even see what's so bad in his emails, his right it's his money he can spend it where he wants to, she did get an obe for a bit of singing. I also imagine if be sat in cattle class he would be mobbed by people but it says a private jet was provided anyway so sounds like the business class bit is a lie.

Common we all know the daily mail doesn't exactly get a lot of its stories from credible places look at the stories it steals from here.

cathf Sat 04-Feb-17 09:12:15

Elodie, congratulations, you are the first to refer to the Daily Mail as the Daily Fail. This confirms to everyone that you are indeed not a DM reader and are intellectually Superior to anyone who is.
Now ... Who's going to call it the Daily Hate?

Toohardtofindaproperusername Sat 04-Feb-17 09:12:19

It's not just db is it? The honours system is corrupt to its core... This is what is exposed.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 04-Feb-17 09:13:26

Where is the proof that he even sent those messages? There is no proof whatsoever. They could have been written by anybody and it's far more likely to be the case considering he would no better not to put such damaging things in an email. When you have a brand to protect you will receive guidance on how to conduct yourself, and how to maintain your privacy. I don't for a single second think he would be stupid enough to write any of that (all the stuff about him being a moron is a media construct in itself - he comes across as very savvy).

LouKout Sat 04-Feb-17 09:14:15

He's allegedly into shagging everyone that he can while going on about his perfect marriage so this doesnt surprise me.

Loraline Sat 04-Feb-17 09:15:15

I don't really understand why people think someone's hacked personal emails are anyone's business. I loathe the Daily Mail precisely for this kind of faux-journalism and anyone clucking through to read the story is legitimising appalling standards and giving them license to do it again.

Wolpertinger Sat 04-Feb-17 09:15:19

He has a point about Katherine Jenkins.

BillSykesDog Sat 04-Feb-17 09:15:46

Can't see the context either, for example, if he was moaning about the honour: he did work for several months on the England World Cup bid which some people knew was a wild goose chase and stood no chance of winning and was a waste of time. If he was talking about that he might have had a point...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now