Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your best green smoothie that doesn't taste like liquified hell?

(16 Posts)
GreatScot8 Sat 04-Feb-17 08:47:24

No pineapple!

I like the idea of green smoothies, much less the reality. But I'm thinking I just haven't gotten the combination of ingredients right.

Suggestions pls! grin

GwendolynMary Sat 04-Feb-17 08:50:29

Lots of baby spinach, a banana, 4 strawberries, quarter of an avocado. Sprinkle of chia seeds, cacao and cinnamon. A spoonful of rolled oats and fancy organic peanut butter.

GwenCooper81 Sat 04-Feb-17 08:50:49

I always add a good sized chunk of ginger. It tastes doable but not pleasant. I do the old hold your nose and throw it down your throat trick though.
Kale
Cucumber
Ginger
Lemon
Celery.
Jeez no wonder it's minging! I Chuck ice cubes in as well.

FutureMrsRanj Sat 04-Feb-17 08:51:15

I think you need to start it's 50:50 fruit to vegetable and gradually increase veg and decrease fruit until you get used to it, and always use a very sweet fruit to begin with e.g. A kiwi, orange, nectarine. I found if you start out with the very healthy smoothies they taste awful, it's a gradual thing

GwendolynMary Sat 04-Feb-17 08:51:22

Oh and then almond milk or coconut water. Forgot that blush

Marlboroandmalbec34 Sat 04-Feb-17 08:52:48

Lots of Kiwi, frozen spinach, dollop of Greek yogurt and a splash of apple juice

MissJSays Sat 04-Feb-17 08:57:11

About 2 hand fulls of spinach
Some pineapple
A banana
Water
I buy a big bag of spinach and freeze it because it goes off before I can use it all. I also freeze the pineapple, I get the pre prepared tubs and it comes apart fairly easily when frozen. Tastes nice and sweet, very drinkable. If you're not freezing the spinach and pineapple add ice instead of water. smile

TheoriginalLEM Sat 04-Feb-17 09:03:45

are these smoothies actually healthy though? aren't they releasing all the sugar from the fruit and veg? someone told me that abd i was gutted.

I love green smoothies. i haven't made any myself but i like Kale spinach and mango. There is a shop near me that makes a "detox juice" it has Kale spinach or brocoli, cucumber, one apple, a good wedge of ginger - i promise you its the best drink ever but i stopped having it because folk said it was a bit of a devil in disguise.

Please feel free to correct me as i love these

blueredyellow Sat 04-Feb-17 09:05:26

Coconut milk
Green chilli
Ginger
Spinnach
Berries / Currants
Pear

Golden rule : do not put in spinach and kale in the same smoothie.

GwenCooper81 Sat 04-Feb-17 09:07:05

I've never added anything sweet or fruity to mine knowing that I'd never make the transition back to just green veg.

DontTouchTheMoustache Sat 04-Feb-17 09:10:25

1 banana
Half and apple
Small handful.of frozen berries (makes it lovely and cold)
Teaspoon of.grated ginger
Half a Teaspoon of cinnamon
Large handful of kale
Large handful of spinach
Coconut water

I have this everyday and it's lovely

budgiegirl Sat 04-Feb-17 09:15:04

Pear, avocado, spinach, ginger, water/coconut water. add seeds if you want.
Very yummy

birdybirdbird Sat 04-Feb-17 09:21:28

Half a pear or green apple
Handful of spinach
Cucumber
Sometimes a bit if celery
Mint
Ginger
Lime juice
Always tastes good to me. The ginger and mint make it taste a bit more interesting.

user1475831635 Sat 04-Feb-17 09:22:46

1/2 banana, 2 dates, handful of spinach, teaspoon of chia seeds and almond milk. Everyday for the past 3 years, lovely.

WildBelle Sat 04-Feb-17 09:37:28

Jason vale does some ok ones.

1/4 cucumber
1/2 lime
2 apples
1/4 pineapple
1/2 avocado
1/2 tablespoon of wheatgrass

Supposed to put a teaspoon of spiralina in too but I hate that shit.

WildBelle Sat 04-Feb-17 09:38:09

Oh and handful of ice too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now