Talk

Advanced search

DD pulled out own tooth, I think half is still there!!!

(5 Posts)
ladyjadey Fri 03-Feb-17 22:29:44

Tonight DD (10) pulled out a tooth that's been wobbly for a week or so. I had told her to leave it alone. She handed me her tooth and it looks like just the top half, no root of it - canine tooth.

When I looked in her mouth, instead of the usual hole there looked to be bloody stuff ? The rest of the tooth still there.

We are going to the dentist this week anyway for a routine check up. She seems fine and not in any pain or anything but do I need to worry?
Has this happened to anyone else?

Wolfiefan Fri 03-Feb-17 22:31:54

Yes DS lost half a tooth. He ended up at emergency dentist having the rest removed. Call dentist for advice?

mineofuselessinformation Fri 03-Feb-17 22:34:30

Dc1 lost part of a tooth, the rest stayed behind. The dentist gave an anaesthetic injection and removed the remaining piece. It was fine.

mineofuselessinformation Fri 03-Feb-17 22:35:38

Should have added:
The piece remaining was kind of bloody pulp on top of a piece of tooth, so it was painful for them.

sotiredbutworthit Fri 03-Feb-17 22:35:50

If it's a baby tooth he roots dissolve. That's why they get wobbly. Any remaining root should either get reabsorbed or come out in a few days. Any sign of infection though,get them to the dentist.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: