Talk

Advanced search

To ask how often you change your username?

(76 Posts)
HCantThinkOfAUsername Fri 03-Feb-17 22:08:14

This is kind of a TAAT but not, seen a thread earlier asking if you identified someone on here what would you do.

I've changed my username panicking though is practically identical and now feel lost and like a beginner again blush

I get so paranoid people think I'm a furry creature so never changed my name so history is identifiable.

Am I the only one that thinks like this? blushgrin

noeffingidea Fri 03-Feb-17 22:17:04

Ive only changed it once, when I couldn't log in under my old username.
I really don't like changing usernames and consider it a disadvantage of using this site. Why even bother with user names if people can change them whenever they want?

Birdsgottaf1y Fri 03-Feb-17 22:20:42

I name changed on a thread, to add a personal picture and I've had to now put a letter in my UN, I'm devastated and angry that there wasn't a warning.

TroysMammy Fri 03-Feb-17 22:21:52

I changed once because I couldn't log in under my old name. My user name at the moment was made up when I rejoined to get support when my cat Troy was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. He died last May. I want to change it to something else which I good humouredly tease my niece with but it feels disrespectful to Troy at the moment. When I do change I will be open about it.

sum1killthepawpatrollers Fri 03-Feb-17 22:24:08

birds you can change back to previous UN, ive done it a few times

arethereanyleftatall Fri 03-Feb-17 22:25:23

Never

Birdsgottaf1y Fri 03-Feb-17 22:25:42

It's saying that I have to put a letter in sad.

sum1killthepawpatrollers Fri 03-Feb-17 22:28:24

strange, i just copied it from my list of names and entered my password no problems ( did it then to check) confused

PotatoWaffleCob Fri 03-Feb-17 22:29:24

I change mine every few months.

Sparklingbrook Fri 03-Feb-17 22:30:45

Never. But I don't post my whole life on here and if someone recognised me it wouldn't be a problem.

SasBel Fri 03-Feb-17 22:31:34

A few times over the years. I can also use old names, just type them into the username box above the message box.

Giraffesaretootall Fri 03-Feb-17 22:31:37

Just done it now after about six months. I generally change names a couple of times a year, or when I think I may have put too much info in things that someone could connect up to me.

KathArtic Fri 03-Feb-17 22:31:51

Ive got a couple of names, I change when I post pictures. Ive always been able to reuse the names though.

MollyHuaCha Fri 03-Feb-17 22:32:12

Never changed my name. Yet...

ghostspirit Fri 03-Feb-17 22:34:11

Never. And never will grin

Shitalopram Fri 03-Feb-17 22:36:24

Every 4 months or so for the last 10 years.

The MNers who know me, know me!

RedBugMug Fri 03-Feb-17 22:37:41

every few months. ever since jeffrey.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Fri 03-Feb-17 22:38:10

I was in the never change camp but i post far too much personal things, probably because I don't have friends grin

80sMum Fri 03-Feb-17 22:40:13

I have never changed my name. Been here over 12 years. I have identified one person on here. I realised, from some very identifying posts, that she was someone I used to work with. No big deal though.

mineofuselessinformation Fri 03-Feb-17 22:40:33

I've only ever had two NNs.
I only changed because I knew my dcs would be embarrassed (I wouldn't have) if they knew the details I'd gone into about my medical issues (prolapses), they knew I was an MN user, and they were old enough to search.

SmallBee Fri 03-Feb-17 22:40:44

Never, but I rarely post personal stuff really so even if someone did spot me they'd be very bored with my posting history.

WorraLiberty Fri 03-Feb-17 22:45:03

Never.

I really like seeing familiar names on here, even if they're people I rarely agree with. I think it just gives the forum a more personal feel.

Having said that, I don't post anything online I'm not happy for anyone to know.

Timeforteaplease Fri 03-Feb-17 23:05:34

All the time. I like the anonymity.

RoughBeast Fri 03-Feb-17 23:07:12

Once a week or so.

exLtEveDallas Fri 03-Feb-17 23:08:27

Nope. Well not really. This is my third name in 12 years, but the last....ooh....7 years or so I've had a couple of changes on the same Lt Eve theme. I like being me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now