Talk

Advanced search

to slowly, and firmly, put my hand over DH's mouth?

(16 Posts)
ollieplimsoles Fri 03-Feb-17 20:07:16

Its Friday night, dh is always excited on a Friday night because he's got the weekend ahead of him, but he's extra excited tonight because he's got next week off.

He's talking like he's done several lines of cocaine in the downstairs toilet while I settled dd to sleep (he did her bath). My brain is actually rattling, he's hardly taking a breath! D: Telling me in a very loud voice about everyone at work and what happened all week- I spent all day with a noisy toddler, put her to bed, then dh takes over!

Anyone else's dp/dh a bit of a motor mouth when they get home? next week will be like having two toddlers wine cake

Wheresthattomoibabber Fri 03-Feb-17 20:09:57

Mine has fallen asleep on the sofa and is snoring so loudly I can't hear passing aircraft the telly. Want to swap?

MrsJayy Fri 03-Feb-17 20:14:50

Dh was away over night working came in at 5 he has not shurrup since heard all about the job heard about the drive he dabated a simpsons episode with Dd hmm. Its just not stop I am thinking of going to bed tbh.

ollieplimsoles Fri 03-Feb-17 20:15:38

At least he's in one place and you can take yourself away, ive come upstairs to feed dd back to sleep and he's followed me- talking! 😠

MrsJayy Fri 03-Feb-17 20:16:02

None stop* he is also talking at Jamie Oliver on tv

LotsOfAxolotlsAndOcelots Fri 03-Feb-17 20:20:27

I get home from a ten shift with no breaks of any sort and DH has been at home all day so has had no-one to talk to. I on the other hand have had no quiet all day. O M G does he ever rabbit on. I try to select a suitable facial expression but eventually it defaults. It's hard.

ollieplimsoles Fri 03-Feb-17 20:20:40

Mine is talking at the tv, and telling me about scenes we have yet to watch!

ollieplimsoles Fri 03-Feb-17 20:22:43

Lots my dh has also not spoken to anyone all day either, he's a software engineer and works alone in a quiet office with loads of other programmers all working quietly. When he gets home he goes crazy!

Ive had dd screaming, chattering and yelling all week day!

Kronutpearl Fri 03-Feb-17 20:23:56

No but I'm like it to him as I've had no adult conversation all day so I basically just explode at him the minute he walks through the door.

Chelazla Fri 03-Feb-17 20:26:56

Mine is currently enraged by the football on tv whilst simultaneously enraged that I'm not enraged! Least yours is happy!grin

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 03-Feb-17 20:29:39

Mine has just returned from 2 weeks away with work. It's been bloody hard with illnesses and broken bones while he's been away.
He promptly threw up within minutes of me and the kids seeing him.

I know he's not done it on purpose but I'm still pissed off.

ollieplimsoles Fri 03-Feb-17 20:33:51

squirrel

Oh god fun weekend ahead then? wine

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 03-Feb-17 20:39:35

Honestly you could not make this shit up! The crap I've had to deal with single handedly this last couple of weeks, I'm on my knees.
We get in the house, "daddy dadddy!" Yell the dcs. Dh gives them a hug, me a hug. Then spews in the kitchen sink.

So I've now spent the evening consoling Dd because she has missed him SO much and she was SO desperate to see him and he's sick in bed.

There were plans for me to have some peace and quiet and recovery time this weekend. Instead it'll be more soldiering on looking after everyone else.

<throws open doors to pity party>

Magicpaintbrush Fri 03-Feb-17 20:48:32

My dh does this sometimes. Says the same thing repeatedly in five different ways. I love him but do sometimes zone out. confused

UpsyDaisyluvsIgglePiggle Fri 03-Feb-17 20:53:05

Omg I'm the motor mouth in our relationship. I honestly can't stop and dh will pause the telly to wait for me to finish whilst glaring at me haha grin I'm restless too. All weekend I'll be all over the house doing barely anything and I keep walking into him watching telly and talking over it. I don't realise!

YouTheCat Fri 03-Feb-17 20:54:41

I do this. I know I do this. But not all evening, just for about 30 minutes when I get in and crave a bit of adult conversation instead of 'show me smart sitting' and 'hands out of your pants, please'.

I'm not doing it now. Dp is playing a game and I'm MNetting, watching tv and playing some games multitasking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now