Talk

Advanced search

To wear children's clothes even though I'm in my late 40s? (Pic)

(112 Posts)
IonaNE Fri 03-Feb-17 19:26:46

Both the jeans and the top are from Tesco, 13-14 years boys' (I haven't tried on any girls' stuff, I don't like fitted tops... or fitted anything, really). So much cheaper than adult clothes, and I think they look cool. blush Oh, and I already have some 13-14Y knickers from ASDA, I think they were £2.50 a pack. They are baby pink hmm but no one at work will see that. grin Anyway, I haven't actually bought this outfit, but this weekend I might just explore the children's clothes section in a few supermarkets. AIBU?

DoItTooJulia Fri 03-Feb-17 19:28:20

Whatever floats your boat smile

MistressMolecules Fri 03-Feb-17 19:29:47

If they fit then I don't see the problem! smile

JonHammAndCheese Fri 03-Feb-17 19:30:45

I won't tell if you won't.

Sidge Fri 03-Feb-17 19:30:57

Not at all! I'm very short petite at just 5 foot 1 so wear Next girls' leggings as they fit perfectly and are only about a fiver, half the price of the women's ones.

I also wear kids shoes and boots, much cheaper as no VAT!

Eevee77 Fri 03-Feb-17 19:31:07

I really don't get why you're asking it yabu. Why would it be unreasonable? It's certainly not to my taste but that's not important. I like men's hoodies, I find the roomier so I buy them. Who cares?

tooclosetocall Fri 03-Feb-17 19:31:57

If the shoe and clothes fit smile. Shop away! Anyway you're buying what is suitable for you, so imo you can't BU.

FurryLittleTwerp Fri 03-Feb-17 19:33:37

If they fit, why ever not?

It's not like you're in a romper suit or something grin

Looks very nice BTW smile

ShatnersBassoon Fri 03-Feb-17 19:34:12

How could it be unreasonable if they fit and they're the style you like?

Some of my shoes are children's. I don't mention it or check it's OK with anyone because it isn't important.

Rainydayspending Fri 03-Feb-17 19:35:29

You are allowed to shop the whole shop. The mens/ kids/ ladies definitions are not mandatory.

booellesmum Fri 03-Feb-17 19:36:11

Really sensible. Much cheaper as no VAT.

MrsPMT Fri 03-Feb-17 19:36:57

Think its fine unless you have similar aged DCs, and their friends turn up in the same outfit grin that would be a little awkward.

Maudlinmaud Fri 03-Feb-17 19:37:10

I've done it in the past myself. My friend bought the most beautiful coat from the next childrens range, I thought I'd get it too, but sadly it was sold out.

Somehowsomewhere Fri 03-Feb-17 19:37:53

Wear what you want smile

Araminta99 Fri 03-Feb-17 19:38:24

Yes it's a good idea if you fit them as you do. I am fairly tall but with small feet, i can wear girls tops and shoes. I've bought a man's shirt before when I liked the material (soft flannel).

MrsExpo Fri 03-Feb-17 19:38:30

Sounds good sense to me. I buy kids sports shirts from supermarkets in packs of three. Durable, wash easily and cheap as chips. I've also bought kids trainers in the past.

Armadillostoes Fri 03-Feb-17 19:39:34

YANBU-Another shameless and happy wearer of children's clothes. I am also short and if I see something I like and which fits I buy it-whichever department it's in! smile

IonaNE Fri 03-Feb-17 19:45:40

Thank you for all the positive comments! smile

Bythebeach Fri 03-Feb-17 19:46:26

I love in Gap kids jeans-5 foot nothing here so not much choice really!!

Ilovecaindingle Fri 03-Feb-17 19:47:14

As long as it's not an Elsa costume you are good to go!!

IonaNE Fri 03-Feb-17 19:47:32

unless you have similar aged DCs, and their friends turn up in the same outfit grin
MrsPMT, lol, that would be slightly embarrassing I guess grin. No children, so I'm ok on that front though.

QueenMortificado Fri 03-Feb-17 19:47:44

I'm really not sure why anyone would have told you YABU?!

Outfit isn't to my taste but if it fits you then go for your life!

Aren't the girls pants uncomfortable though?

IonaNE Fri 03-Feb-17 19:49:47

As long as it's not an Elsa costume you are good to go!!
grin grin grin
---
I'm 5'4" btw, so just at the very top of the height range for these (164 cm).

Thurlow Fri 03-Feb-17 19:50:36

I bought a nice cost from Asda kids a while ago - I'm also 5'1 so it fit a treat.

My first day of my 5yo being at school, one of her classmates was wearing the same coat...

BewtySkoolDropowt Fri 03-Feb-17 19:50:47

It's not a great silhouette Tbh, you do look like my teenage son rather than a woman (things don't need to be fitted to have shape) , but if you are happy with it, go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now