Talk

Advanced search

To kick DH out tonight?

(17 Posts)
EssieTregowan Fri 03-Feb-17 17:37:39

He's arranged to go out with an old friend. Last time he went out out with his mates was over a year ago. I know this bothers him.

He's come in from work and said it's raining and he's got a 'bit of a cold' brewing so he probably won't bother. I've told him not to be ridiculous. He can get the bus to the pub (other end of the village) but he says that's a waste of beer money.

I'm not having it. I have an epic night of netlfix and wine in bed planned. He works very very hard and needs a night out to get a bit pissed and talk shit.

He has form for this. I know he'll have a great time. He's just finding excuses because he doesn't like to take time for himself.

So AIBU to boot him out into the rain and tell him to fuck off and have fun?

Girlsworld92 Fri 03-Feb-17 17:39:24

My DH tends to go out every other fri and if he doesn't I get a bit upset that my opportunity to watch crap tv in peace is disturbed! Can you get him a taxi so he doesn't have to faff with the bus. I'd defo encourage him to go.

EssieTregowan Fri 03-Feb-17 17:41:29

He won't get a taxi, it's a twenty minute walk. The bus stop though is literally outside our house and drops off right outside the pub. It couldn't be more convenient.

I'm pulling rank on this one. He has to go.

mumonashoestring Fri 03-Feb-17 17:43:09

YANBU, I'd be wrestling him into a change of clothes and smearing aftershave on his face grin

BToperator Fri 03-Feb-17 17:45:39

Yes, definitely kick him out. I'm sure he'll enjoy it once he's out, and it would be most unfair of him to spoil your cosy night in for one!

PotteringAlong Fri 03-Feb-17 17:47:23

Do it. I'm a bit like your DH and I always feel better when my DH makes me go.

Lunar1 Fri 03-Feb-17 17:48:30

I'll be honest, I love dh but if he has a night out planned I have Netflix, my kindle and takeaway all planned out. If he cancelled last minute I'd be gutted, shove him out in the rain!

Girlsworld92 Fri 03-Feb-17 17:49:06

My DH has literally just asked how he can get out of going to the pub tonight grin must be something going on with these men tonight.

coldcanary Fri 03-Feb-17 17:51:59

I do this blush
It's the effort of getting ready and getting to wherever it is in going to with me - in the run up to a night out I just go through a 'nah, can't be arsed' phase beforehand. I'm fine when I actually get there though!
Put your foot down! I bet he'll have a good time once he's out!

EssieTregowan Fri 03-Feb-17 18:31:39

He's in the shower.

He's still saying he probably won't go.

Grr.

FireflyGirl Fri 03-Feb-17 18:32:00

YANBU - pass him his coat and tell him not to let the door hit him on the way out grin

DietAdviceNeeded Fri 03-Feb-17 18:34:42

grin

Shakey15000 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:39:46

Absolutely I'd do the same. DH and I had crossed wires tonight and both arranged to go out independently, him to snooker and me with a friend to get shitfaced and laugh at inappropriate gubbins

DH pulled rank as "there's a table booked" grin
I'm not arsed and have eyed up a bottle of Pinot. Friend shenanigans is rescheduled for tomorrow.

EssieTregowan Fri 03-Feb-17 20:09:22

He's going! Just got to chuck the kids upstairs and the wine and tv is aaaallll miiiine.

acquiescence Fri 03-Feb-17 20:30:07

Has he gone? Mine has 😊

EssieTregowan Fri 03-Feb-17 20:31:52

He's gone.

All the kids are upstairs (not asleep, I'm not a fucking wizard) and I'm on my first glass of wine watching Santa Clarita Diet. Which is awesome by the way.

DJBaggySmalls Fri 03-Feb-17 20:32:12

I'm so relieved thats what you meant smile
YANBU, he can always leave early if he really doesnt like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now